Music for Harp and Accordion

• Participant
    unknown-user on #146611

I am looking for compositions or arrangements for this combination.

Participant
    unknown-user on #146612

When doing your (google, yahoo, etc.) search, you may want to try putting harp and accordion in quotes, such as:

“harp accordion” sheet music

Once in the music websites, you may need to put them in quotes again in their own particular search engine.

Participant
    Fairy Reel on #146613

I’m thinking adapting music might be a little

Participant
    Mel Sandberg on #146614

Alexandra, you don’t have to look any further, I have the answer for you, and you won’t believe it….. You just happened to stumble into the right place at the right time.

There is a duo group in South Africa who do exactly this. I couldn’t believe it when I saw it.

Participant
    Fairy Reel on #146615

Hey…I’m ‘rather surprised’!

Participant
    Elizabeth Volpé Bligh on #146616

I wonder whether they have ever seen the famous Gary Larson “The Far Side” cartoon in which there are two signs: “Welcome to heaven; here’s your harp” and “Welcome to hell; here’s your accordion”. (Actually, I have heard some amazing accordion players, but I guess Gary Larson had heard a few not-so-good ones.)

Participant
    janet-king on #146617

Then there’s the “Rhymes With Orange” cartoon, with an average joe at the gates of heaven, which looks alot like an exclusive club with a velvet rope, and St Peter looking like a bouncer (muscle shirt, tatoo, key chain, sunglasses) holding a list, and the guy says, “Check the list again, I’m friends with the harpist.”

Participant
    Susan Abken on #146618

A wild guess: contact some Austrian or Bavarian publishers…

Participant
    unknown-user on #146619

Elizabeth,

Your post reminded me of the Bosch Triptych (painted in 1504) where the harp was placed in hell (with alot of other musical instruments).

Participant
    Mel Sandberg on #146620

Elizabeth – they have that cartoon on the wall in their lounge.

Participant
    andy-b on #146621

Alexandra:

The harpist Meta Epstein recorded a CD of harp and accordian music with Abel Mambreani on accordian. It’s a very entertaining CD, called Passion.

Participant
    unknown-user on #146622

I recently premiered a piece by Carei Thomas for harp and accordian. It is a tender, lyrical piece called, “Landing”. I can send you his email link if you like.

Participant
    unknown-user on #146623

Thank you very much for all the replies and help.

Participant
    unknown-user on #146624

Andy, I tried to look up Meta Epstein’s website, but whatever I get on Google, does not take me into it.

Participant
    andy-b on #146625

Hi, Alexandra:

I’m sorry, what I meant was I don’t think her website is functional anymore, as when I type it in, I get “Cannot display webpage”.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.