harpcolumn

Music for Harp and Accordion

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Music for Harp and Accordion

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

I am looking for compositions or arrangements for this combination.

unknown-user
    Participant

When doing your (google, yahoo, etc.) search, you may want to try putting harp and accordion in quotes, such as:

“harp accordion” sheet music

Once in the music websites, you may need to put them in quotes again in their own particular search engine.

Fairy Reel
    Participant

I’m thinking adapting music might be a little

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

Alexandra, you don’t have to look any further, I have the answer for you, and you won’t believe it….. You just happened to stumble into the right place at the right time.

There is a duo group in South Africa who do exactly this. I couldn’t believe it when I saw it.

Fairy Reel
    Participant

Hey…I’m ‘rather surprised’!

I wonder whether they have ever seen the famous Gary Larson “The Far Side” cartoon in which there are two signs: “Welcome to heaven; here’s your harp” and “Welcome to hell; here’s your accordion”. (Actually, I have heard some amazing accordion players, but I guess Gary Larson had heard a few not-so-good ones.)

janet-king
    Participant

Then there’s the “Rhymes With Orange” cartoon, with an average joe at the gates of heaven, which looks alot like an exclusive club with a velvet rope, and St Peter looking like a bouncer (muscle shirt, tatoo, key chain, sunglasses) holding a list, and the guy says, “Check the list again, I’m friends with the harpist.”

Susan Abken
    Participant

A wild guess: contact some Austrian or Bavarian publishers…

unknown-user
    Participant

Elizabeth,

Your post reminded me of the Bosch Triptych (painted in 1504) where the harp was placed in hell (with alot of other musical instruments).

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

Elizabeth – they have that cartoon on the wall in their lounge.

andy-b
    Participant

Alexandra:

The harpist Meta Epstein recorded a CD of harp and accordian music with Abel Mambreani on accordian. It’s a very entertaining CD, called Passion.

unknown-user
    Participant

I recently premiered a piece by Carei Thomas for harp and accordian. It is a tender, lyrical piece called, “Landing”. I can send you his email link if you like.

unknown-user
    Participant

Thank you very much for all the replies and help.

unknown-user
    Participant

Andy, I tried to look up Meta Epstein’s website, but whatever I get on Google, does not take me into it.

andy-b
    Participant

Hi, Alexandra:

I’m sorry, what I meant was I don’t think her website is functional anymore, as when I type it in, I get “Cannot display webpage”.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies