Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,306 through 1,320 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Misnomered? #111470
    Tacye
    Participant

    To be fair using the French pronunciation of the first name (i.e. not putting the v in) could possibly be justfied as standard nowadays, but missing the y out of Onegin really grates on me.

    in reply to: Misnomered? #111468
    Tacye
    Participant

    Eugene Onegin

    in reply to: Play pedal harps without gut strings? #163250
    Tacye
    Participant

    Barbara- I think I tested Bow Brand- most of the wires I have are BB so it is very likely.

    in reply to: Play pedal harps without gut strings? #163245
    Tacye
    Participant

    Modern bass wired do not come with silk- it is some kind of plastic- I tested once with a match.

    in reply to: Restoring an antique harp yourself – dumb idea or not? #75843
    Tacye
    Participant

    If what you want is a great playable harp you would almost certainly be best off saving up to buy in the restoration work.

    in reply to: THE BEST OVER ALL HARP #162957
    Tacye
    Participant

    I have never come across a recipe for vegetarian water gilding.

    in reply to: L&H don’t transfer warranty #163638
    Tacye
    Participant

    Warranties are one of the reasons used harps are less expensive than new ones.

    in reply to: THE BEST OVER ALL HARP #162953
    Tacye
    Participant

    I came across epoxy gilding somewhere on the web as a suggestion for people faced with picture frames that had to be repared owned by people who refused to pay the cost for traditional work.

    in reply to: THE BEST OVER ALL HARP #162950
    Tacye
    Participant

    We have a terminology difference- I believe historically that ‘glue’ only applied to adhesive made from boiled up bits of animals whether hide, rabbit skin or fish, including isinglass…

    in reply to: THE BEST OVER ALL HARP #162942
    Tacye
    Participant

    Carl, have you ever tried epoxy gilding?

    in reply to: THE BEST OVER ALL HARP #162940
    Tacye
    Participant

    A variety of sticky substances can be used to fasten the gold leaf down.

    in reply to: World beater lever harps! #68521
    Tacye
    Participant

    I have so far managed to persuade myself I do not need a Tim Hampson, but I do like his harps.

    in reply to: Etudes #86915
    Tacye
    Participant

    Four of the Labarre 20 etudes (1, 13, 20 and 14) were until recently on the ABRSM exam syllabus which is in common use in the UK – they were taken off when the syllabus was revised a few years ago.

    in reply to: Harpsicle – Best Way To Hold It #163665
    Tacye
    Participant

    For harps of that size I cross my ankles and rest the harp on the inside of my calves.

    in reply to: nylon #163154
    Tacye
    Participant

    Saul,
    If you have a chart with the thicknesses of the heavy gauge you like, and one of the medium gauge you can get (and light gauge if you can get it) you cross compare to match thicknesses so your heavy D may be closest to a medium E while for a heavy F you may want a light G or maybe a medium G.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,306 through 1,320 (of 1,469 total)