Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,291 through 1,305 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: New and tryng to decide on Harp #155214
    Tacye
    Participant

    Brass eyelets can break, but not that often on a good quality instrument and they should be pretty easy to replace- my Clarsach has pedal tension, is about 21 years old and has broken 1/34 and my pedal harp none in 11 years.

    in reply to: New and tryng to decide on Harp #155200
    Tacye
    Participant

    One significant factor is what sort of music you like, and what musical background you have.

    in reply to: Musical Development #86714
    Tacye
    Participant

    Most artists of the past weren’t of that calibre either!

    in reply to: Do adult amateurs have special problems learning harp? #84471
    Tacye
    Participant

    Not all adult amateurs are beginners- what is wrong with the words students and beginners?

    in reply to: Do adult amateurs have special problems learning harp? #85694
    Tacye
    Participant

    Not all adult amateurs are beginners- what is wrong with the words students and beginners?

    in reply to: Would like Wire guidance #162784
    Tacye
    Participant

    Do you like the sound of old traditional brass wire or the modern steel strung sound?

    in reply to: How to set B flat? #162915
    Tacye
    Participant

    It is kinder to your strings if you always tune with the levers
    disengaged- so tune the open string to Bb (also Eb and Ab) and then
    when you engage the lever you get B (or E or A).

    in reply to: Are Pakistani Harps still as bad as people say? #160102
    Tacye
    Participant

    I agree with advising rental and that progress will be much faster on a good instrument, and the rewards for hard work are greater.

    in reply to: Small hands and feet: please help #162362
    Tacye
    Participant

    You say you are sitting properly, but I wonder if you are sitting right for you.

    in reply to: finger length #86798
    Tacye
    Participant

    It has apparently been known for a couple of centuries than men tend to have a longer 4th than 2nd and women are more likely to be the other way round- now thought to be related to fetal testosterone exposure…

    See for instance wikipedia

    My 2nd and 4th are pretty equal- I can measure them either way, and playing 2 and 3 lower down the strings is something I have always done.

    in reply to: Radio controlled replacement technology for pedal harps #68578
    Tacye
    Participant

    The Beckmesser is specifically designed for use in Wagner’s
    Meistersinger- a one-song harp!

    in reply to: Radio controlled replacement technology for pedal harps #68570
    Tacye
    Participant

    Hmm, the cheapest pedal harp I have found a price for on the web is 2500 euros (including 19% tax)…

    in reply to: Harp being sold on ebay with a broken neck! #111337
    Tacye
    Participant

    Second hand harps of that model tend to sell for £5000 over here.

    in reply to: aoyama pedal harps #159852
    Tacye
    Participant

    I am one of the harpists who can’t get along with Aoyamas, but I try not to put them down (well, except when talking to a few friends I know also dislike them).

    in reply to: Play fast pieces #166619
    Tacye
    Participant

    Counter intuitively I would say slow right down and examine your technique with a microscope- the articulation and placing of each finger.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,291 through 1,305 (of 1,469 total)