Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,321 through 1,335 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: choir and harp #85829
    Tacye
    Participant

    There is always Rutter’s Dancing Day (the set, not just the one piece) too- the vocal parts don’t seem that hard, the harp part would hopefully have enough challenges for you and an interlude for just harp.

    Tacye
    Participant

    I agree with Jennifer that you should try playing with the left hand low in the strings.

    in reply to: Harp in the Public School Curriculum #86987
    Tacye
    Participant

    Do I understand the US system correctly that the instrumental instruction being discussed is similar to an orchestral/band/whatever rehearsal where the conductor is simultaneously trying to teach everyone how to play their instruments?

    Tacye
    Participant

    Another thing to think about is the joy of being an amateur musician.

    in reply to: GOOD experiences with cheap “ebay” harps? #163573
    Tacye
    Participant

    For that price I would be more inclined to look at the Waring ‘cardboard’ harps.

    in reply to: The down side of a piano background #85950
    Tacye
    Participant

    I think it works both ways- trying to persuade my little fingers that they were to make themselves useful and play notes on the piano took quite some time!

    in reply to: Erard Harp with Original Wooden Shipping Case #71383
    Tacye
    Participant

    A quick dive into the catalogue of the Salvi collection to get some evidence turns up an 1875 Paris Erard with doors and an 1897 Paris Erard without (and I am not going to conclude they were put on all harps up to some date between these two and on none afterwards, I refuse!)

    in reply to: Erard Harp with Original Wooden Shipping Case #71377
    Tacye
    Participant

    Could be, I have seen very few Paris Erards.

    in reply to: Erard Harp with Original Wooden Shipping Case #71375
    Tacye
    Participant

    Many English made Erard gothics had doors in the sound holes, as did my 1899 Browne and Buckwell.

    in reply to: Teaching How To Tune #166982
    Tacye
    Participant

    You can, of course, also excite the 4th harmonic (2 octaves and a major 3rd above the fundamental) by playing 2/5 of the way along the string…

    in reply to: Teaching How To Tune #166978
    Tacye
    Participant

    Tuning is a drag for a young harpist, and to me the most important thing is that she practices on an in tune harp.

    in reply to: Dussek – Sonata in C #164065
    Tacye
    Participant

    I have played the slow movement of the C minor sonata on lever harp with lots of fast lever changes.

    in reply to: Renting Harps UK #87135
    Tacye
    Participant

    I am very fond of Pilgrim’s various harps- which they rent and are super for serious learners, also light weight and near indestructible; they seem to be the harp of choice for the Clarsach Society’s rental stable.

    in reply to: Recruiting New Students #87144
    Tacye
    Participant

    I guess the problem is not just recruiting students, but recruiting the right students for the teacher.

    in reply to: Lap Harp Strings #164121
    Tacye
    Participant

    Different brands of nylon may have different colourings, and you will be able to change brands, keeping the thickness the same, without problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,321 through 1,335 (of 1,469 total)