Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Looking for a small 34 string harp #72238
    Tacye
    Participant

    Pilgrim harps are among the smallest 34 strings at 109 cm tall (with optional screw in legs) and they are very robust.

    in reply to: Tuning etiquette #106420
    Tacye
    Participant

    Well, I don’t advise you to sit there making ugly faces.

    in reply to: Tuning etiquette #106418
    Tacye
    Participant

    If you are playing a piece with instruments which are more fixed than the harp (organ, piano, more rarely big tuned percussion parts) it is worth working out what they are tuned to before you start.

    in reply to: Keeping hands warm when the venue is cold! #106514
    Tacye
    Participant

    If it is really cold you want to start the performance with warm hands (hand warmer, hot water bottle, enough layers – I have a snazzy wrap to wear while sitting around and it is amazing how many layers you can hide under a long dress if you need to).

    in reply to: Alternative strings for a vegetarian harpist? #72307
    Tacye
    Participant

    Hi Evie,
    Any pedal harp (unless you have one made to order for you) will have been strung with gut strings by the maker.

    in reply to: Left-hand Rolled Chords #157584
    Tacye
    Participant

    If you are thinking about them as individual notes then trying to speed that up instead or as well try squeezing all the notes in the chord as through to play it unbroken and then play ever so slightly broken and then slow that down.

    in reply to: Maintenance Compromise for a School Instrument #72311
    Tacye
    Participant

    Find out what the humidity is – and how it varies.

    in reply to: Harpa Publication #148428
    Tacye
    Participant

    Sorry, just looked at their holdings and they don’t go back far enough.

    in reply to: Harpa Publication #148427
    Tacye
    Participant

    it is in the RCM library so you should be able to get it through the interlibrary loan system.

    in reply to: Erard Harp #71909
    Tacye
    Participant

    Morley used to have the London Erard registers but for a while (15 years maybe) they have been in the RCM library.

    in reply to: My Heart’s in the Highlands #106602
    Tacye
    Participant

    His

    in reply to: Old Troubadour I vs New Ravenna 26 #72345
    Tacye
    Participant

    If you buy the Troub and change your mind it shouldn’t be too hard to sell on at that price.

    in reply to: loose sharpening lever #72339
    Tacye
    Participant

    I think you have a Pakistani harp? Does it have this type of lever? http://www.earlymusicshop.com/product.aspx/en-GB/1001100-ems-semi-tone-lever-golden-large
    I would probably take it off the harp, hit it with a hammer (probably using a centre punch on some kind of anvil) and when that didn’t work just buy a new one.

    in reply to: Getting a harp… #72387
    Tacye
    Participant

    I am not much taller than you (5’4″) and can play pretty nearly any harp I have tried comfortably.

    in reply to: small,gut strung,pedal tension,and spacing… #72413
    Tacye
    Participant

    I can’t think of any pedal tension 34 strings harp which is smaller and lighter than the Pilgrim (I am really glad I got the screw in legs for mine).

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,469 total)