Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Old strings #72070
    Tacye
    Participant

    Roughly… If your string is flat and you are tuning it up you are making the string tighter, but with pedal engaged the forks are grasping the string and it doesn’t slide past perfectly so some of the tightness is caught above the fork.

    in reply to: Pilgrim Clarsach #72171
    Tacye
    Participant

    I have a Pilgrim Clarsach. Very well made, pedal tension (the Aziliz is I think lighter tension), light weight and easy to move and extremely robust with handy legs so I can play it on any chair going.

    in reply to: Pilgrim Clarsach #72167
    Tacye
    Participant

    Pilgrim use their own levers (unless of course you ask for a special order) and will ship their harps.

    in reply to: Sight Reading #157053
    Tacye
    Participant

    I have often ended up sightreading in orchestras – now and again in
    concert too.

    in reply to: Troubadour III and Advice #157539
    Tacye
    Participant

    But if you buy a 2nd hand harp at a fair price you can surely sell it on again for what you paid leaving the monthly cost considerably under that of rental.

    in reply to: Carolan Model Irish Harp #72182
    Tacye
    Participant

    While I don’t know Walton’s harps, with old harps you need to treat them very much as individuals.

    in reply to: Harp for a very, very young child #157507
    Tacye
    Participant

    The ‘cardboard’ harps are stronger than they sound, and readily repairable.

    in reply to: Harp for a very, very young child #157500
    Tacye
    Participant

    I agree with Sherry that I have been favourably impressed by the ‘cardboard’ harps for the price.

    in reply to: Cracked Neck #72212
    Tacye
    Participant

    If it were mine I would take the tension off all the strings immediately- maybe you have already.

    in reply to: Retailers #148331
    Tacye
    Participant

    Creighton’s collection

    in reply to: Smelly harp? #106539
    Tacye
    Participant

    In my experience of ‘smoked’ harps they absorb far less smell than clothes and the smell dissipates by itself faster than it does from clothing.

    in reply to: Soundboard thickness #72224
    Tacye
    Participant

    Those dimensions are far thicker than any I have noticed on a harp I have played.

    in reply to: Harp maintenance #157552
    Tacye
    Participant

    A harp is a piece of fine furniture and can be treated as such, with the minor exception that you don’t want to add really heavy varnish to the soundboard.

    in reply to: Looking for a small 34 string harp #72242
    Tacye
    Participant

    The Heartland Infinity is an inch shorter than the Pilgrim, but looks in the pictures like it may be wider front to back.

    in reply to: Rhythm Sounds #106569
    Tacye
    Participant

    I came across a set of rhythm syllables in Kodaly along with chromatic solfege (Do di re ri/me mi fa fi…).

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,469 total)