harpcolumn

small,gut strung,pedal tension,and spacing…

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories small,gut strung,pedal tension,and spacing…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    diana-lincoln
    Participant

I’m hoping to get some ideas from all of you. I presently have a Prelude 38 which I really love. I also have a DustyFH26 which I also love. My problem is switching from one to the other.The difference in spacing and tension is the issue. I prefer the Prelude “touch” but need portability (with a few more strings?). I’m thinking about a Camac Korrigan or Telenn. Also looking at Salvi Aida or Nicoletta. At 53, I’m a relative beginner and looking forward to many more years with this wonderful instrument. Any ideas out there?

Many thanks, Diana L.

diana-lincoln
    Participant

I forgot to mention I enjoy both classical

Have you tried an Ogden? Same tension as prelude, smaller and easier to transport.

Or have you tried smaller style John Pratt concert strung portable harps with beautiful versatile sound to handle all lever harp repertoire, all styles of music.

deb-l
    Participant

Salvi Aida is a student model and the soundboard is not as good in quality.

deb-l
    Participant

forgot to mention Pilgrim Clarsach.

deb-l
    Participant

also forgot to mention Carl Swanson makes a smaller lever harp with pedal tension too.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Thormahlens with concert gut are available I believe.

Tacye
    Participant

I can’t think of any pedal tension 34 strings harp which is smaller and lighter than the Pilgrim (I am really glad I got the screw in legs for mine).

diana-lincoln
    Participant

Thanks for all the ideas, you’ve all given me food for thought! The research continues for a little bit longer. I have looked back to previous forum posts which are also helpful.

Deb L. are you still enjoying your Livia?

Best to all!
    Diana L.

deb-l
    Participant

hi Diana, thanks for asking.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

LOL! I’ve been nudging you not to let go of the cello, but I never expected this outcome! Now I think I have to urge you not to let go of the harp!

deb-l
    Participant

can’t have it all Jessica, only so much time in the day, and only so much energy for music, even putting it all into cello does not feel like enough.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics

Recent Replies