harpcolumn

Old Troubadour I vs New Ravenna 26

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Old Troubadour I vs New Ravenna 26

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cassie M
    Participant

Currently I have two harps- A Ravenna 26 only two years old with b, c, and f levers. I also own an old Hidden Valley harp that I have yet to fix up because I don’t know which strings to use(they’re strings cost a ridiculous amount compared to any other brand.)

Anyways, my predicament is whether or not to get a troubadour I for $400 or just keep my new ravenna 26. I’ve been needing to get a bigger lever harp as I can’t afford a pedal harp for a long time. Having 33 strings and full levers would be so helpful. Most songs I can’t play by only a string or two. The soundboard has been replaced but the levers have not. I know the strings were replaced somewhere along the lines but they’re not sure when. Is it worth it? I really do need a bigger harp but whether or not to just wait and skip this bargain I’m not sure.

kay-lister

Cassie, sounds like you are answering your own question.

;-) Kay

Cassie M
    Participant

Kay, Maybe I posted just to justify it all haha! 😉

Tacye
    Participant

If you buy the Troub and change your mind it shouldn’t be too hard to sell on at that price.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Cassie, I have an old Troubadour I, and it has a pretty good sound. It also has the original soundboard and the original levers, which I hate. But it was completely restrung and regulated a few months ago. What I’m saying is that the levers may no longer give you an accurate semitone. You should check that with an electronic tuner or have a buddy with perfect pitch check it out.

In addition to 33 strings and full levers, it is nice to have a genuine floor harp that doesn’t require some sort of gimmick or stand or special chair for you to play it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies