harpcolumn

loose sharpening lever

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories loose sharpening lever

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    clh-h
    Participant

One of my sharpening levers has come loose so that it sometimes falls down when I play that string sharp. I thought if I just tightened the screw between the lever and the mount that it would fix it, but I couldn’t get a screwdriver at that angle. So I unscrewed the entire thing off of the wooden frame only to realize that the screw connecting the lever to the mount was fixed in place and I couldn’t tighten it that way. I’ve it back on now but it’s still too loose. Does anyone have any ideas what I could do to make work properly?

catherine-rogers
    Participant

What brand of harp is it and what type of lever (Robinson, Truitt, Camac, Performance, etc.)?

Tacye
    Participant

I think you have a Pakistani harp? Does it have this type of lever? http://www.earlymusicshop.com/product.aspx/en-GB/1001100-ems-semi-tone-lever-golden-large
    I would probably take it off the harp, hit it with a hammer (probably using a centre punch on some kind of anvil) and when that didn’t work just buy a new one.

clh-h
    Participant

I wound a piece of thread around the screw behind the lever and it’s working alright now. Hopefully it’ll last. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies