harpcolumn

Afraid to move it!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Afraid to move it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kay-lister

Well, I finally purchased a K2 Harp dolly and I am moving my pedal harp for the first time next weekend. I do have 4 steps to manuver as well as the door ledge to get on the steps.

rod-c
    Participant

Hi Kay:

I have a couple of tips. This may be old news to you, but …..

barbara-low
    Participant

When you’re moving the harp on the cart and come to stairs, keeping the wheel axle parallel to the edge of the stair will help to keep the weight of the harp from shifting. Same principle applies to slopes and ramps.

Also, watch out for people helping lift the base of the harp, while it’s on the cart, and pulling the harp off the cart by accident. This happens especially when you are trying to roll the harp/cart up the stairs, over ledges, or up onto curbs.

Oh, I just remembered; my DH wrote this:

http://www.harptech.com/Articles/Hauling/Hauling.html

You’ll be fine. Reward yourself with chocolate afterwards.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Kay, Do you have Carl Swanson’s book? Makes it look almost easy…. 🙂

Tacye
    Participant

Can you put a heavy box on the trolley for a dry run or three?

rod-c
    Participant

Hi Kay:

I

Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

I was about to panic and ask “what are you talking about – putting the column behind the driver’s seat?” – then I remembered – I’m in the UK and you are in the US!

Oooops to me.

One thing I use with my harp when in the car is a foam wedge/triangle – this stops weight being pressed down

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.