Pat Eisenberger

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Webster Laurel Leaf #75491
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Hi Renate –

    Bill Webster’s shop is just 15 minutes away from my house. He is currently building a McFall style harp for me, which should be done this month! Kirsten Alvine from the Detroit Symphony Orchestra also owns one of his McFalls. I’ve only played three of his styles of harps, but the sound quality on all have been excellent – very full bodied and clear. I’ve tried the 18th Century model and the Ceclia besides the McFall. I prefer a higher tension string, which most of his harps have. You should email him with your questions. You can get the link at his website at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/websterstrings/

    in reply to: Magic moment with 4yr old #160079
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    What a beautiful photo of such a beautiful little girl! And it’s never too early to start learning an instrument. I hope that she continues to be interested in the harp.

    in reply to: 1st Photo of my Webster Harp #109185
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Ack! I guess it didn’t work. I give. Let’s try a link:

    http://thumb13.webshots.net/t/55/855/3/15/1/2878315010041481093EbKlNu_th.jpg

    in reply to: 1st Photo of my Webster Harp #109184
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    OK, let’s try this:

    Hey! It looks like this worked!

    in reply to: 1st Photo of my Webster Harp #109182
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Ack! I can’t see the photo! Let’s try this:

    This doesn’t seem to be working…

    Any hints?

    in reply to: Practice hour #160215
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Also, does anyone else have times when you go to practice and your hands act like they’ve never touched a harp before? I actually have had to NOT play for several days. Then all of a sudden I’ll be back to normal.

    in reply to: Ancient Harp Music Discovered #109197
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Thanks for passing that link on, Paul! Now I had a chance to show it to my husband.

    in reply to: Ancient Harp Music Discovered #109193
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant
    in reply to: Practice hour #160211
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I try for about a hour, but often I’ll feel a strain on my back or neck. I stop right away when that happens.

    in reply to: Shoes: To Wear or Not to Wear #109169
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Sid!

    You must of been the one I first heard about the cowboy boots from! Don’t tell me you ride a motorcycle – or you’ll make me believe my fantasy man really exists! ;-7

    in reply to: Youtube videos – Factory tours – L&H, Salvi and Venus #109227
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Thanks for posting this. I’ve always wanted to visit the L&H factory, and this is the next best thing!

    But it makes me wonder – I thought that the bodies of L&H harps were made in Italy and then finished in the U.S. But in the video they showed the process from rough sawn wood to finished product. Dare I hope that my Style 85 GP is “Made in the USA?” I had to wait extra long because they were in the process to moving to their new factory at the time I placed my order.

    in reply to: Shoes: To Wear or Not to Wear #109162
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I’m still having day dreams from a few months ago when a guy

    in reply to: Harp-friendly neightbours, NOT! #109263
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Hi Geri –

    I’m really, really glad that you’ve had some insight that has helped you. A wise person once told me that whenever I encountered someone who has being hateful and mean, I should imagine them wrapped in bandages, because they were very wounded people. That bit of advice has stayed with me and helped ease my own anger and hurt at these people.

    in reply to: Harp-friendly neightbours, NOT! #109249
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    You know, there are people who would complain if you waited on them hand and foot and gave them all the riches in the world. They are very wounded people that refuse to be healed. You said you lived in an apartment? Do you know the manager? Might s/he be willing to help?

    In the meantime, might I suggest that even if you don’t play it, keep your connection to your harp. I find that even just looking at or touching my harp has a calming influence when I’m rattled.

    in reply to: New harp pictures #109202
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    You two are lovely together! Thanks so much for going to the trouble of posting the pictures.

    Are you using the pedals barefoot? Some people do, you know!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 190 total)