harpcolumn

Webster Laurel Leaf

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Webster Laurel Leaf

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

I have fallen in love with the Laurel Leaf Harp from Webster Harps. Is there anyone out there who owns one or has played one and can tell me about it? Since I live on the other side of the Atlantic, I won’t be able to try one myself before I buy, so I would just like to get some opinions from others.

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

Hi Renate –

Bill Webster’s shop is just 15 minutes away from my house. He is currently building a McFall style harp for me, which should be done this month! Kirsten Alvine from the Detroit Symphony Orchestra also owns one of his McFalls. I’ve only played three of his styles of harps, but the sound quality on all have been excellent – very full bodied and clear. I’ve tried the 18th Century model and the Ceclia besides the McFall. I prefer a higher tension string, which most of his harps have. You should email him with your questions. You can get the link at his website at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/websterstrings/

renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

I’ve already e-mailed him, and got a very promising answer. Bill said he would send me a CD of the Laurel being played, so I can’t wait to hear it.
    I just wanted to know if anyone else had tried it.
    I’m really almost completely convinced that the Laurel Leaf will be my new harp. I’m so excited! Of course, it will be about a year before I can afford it, though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies