harpcolumn

Considering Selling Pedal Harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Considering Selling Pedal Harp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

I am seriously considering selling my L&H Style 85 GP. Since getting my new harp, it has been just gathering dust, and I really hate to see such a beautiful instrument sitting silent. I’d really appreciate any advice on how to go about selling it.

barbara-low
    Participant

You can always take it to a harp shop and let them sell it for you. It will have the greatest exposure that way and no headaches for you. Or you can list it yourself on HarpColumn, Craigslist or eBay, and contact local harp teachers and the AHS chapter in your area.

If you decide to sell yourself, check out the price of L&H’s 85 GP’s or their equivalent, and set your price accordingly.

HTH

I don’t know if you’d feel like it, or what kind of write-off it would be, but you could donate it to a school or organization. The write-off might be higher than what you could sell it for these days.

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

Well, the harp is listed in the classifieds here, on Craig’s list, and I’ve contact a couple of the local teachers. Got one nibble already, but from Georgia, and I’m in Michigan.

Christian Frederick
    Participant

I sold my L&H 23 from the classified section of this site, HARPCOLUMN. Just like selling a house, it needs to be priced correctly (low side) and the condition should reflect the price. It sounds to me since it is just sitting there, it should be like-new condition. That is a good reason why someone would buy your harp and not someone else who plays professionally….

Christian Frederick
    Participant

…. just to add, one of the regrets in life I have is selling that harp. I wish I still had it… but, I just sold my big house so I won’t have as much room for harps in my new home now. It was time to downsize, which means less room for harps.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

I know how you feel, Christian.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies