onita-sanders

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: I need my pedal harp, Could someone please advise me? #146319
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    I find it quite interesting that how easy it is to make fun of someone who asks a question like from the harp community who should show some respect to an individual who asks (at least in their eyes) a questions that is important to them.

    If it is a prank, so be it. But to speak disparingly about what part of the country or for that matter the world this person might come from, speaks volumes about those who have an instrument.

    in reply to: When the party runs into overtime- with no referee #146473
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    I recently and a similar situation. The office party opening was in full swing when the time for me to stop had arrived.

    in reply to: Minimum Temperature for Playing Outside #70250
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    On rare occassions I have been asked, what kind of harp will I be playing.I have even volunteered the information when being asked what I will charge.

    in reply to: best amp for pedal harp? #70766
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    Hello,

    Did not have the time here at the library computers to read the entire thread. Just wanted to pass on what my experiences have been.

    in reply to: best amp for pedal harp? #70744
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    I wish I could, because it has been too long.

    in reply to: best amp for pedal harp? #70742
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    My best advice is to take your harp to a well stocked music center that has all the amps and effects you could possible want.

    in reply to: high class gig; cheesy pay #103883
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    For all of the above reasons is why I charge for ALL wedding ceremonies my 2 hr rate.

    in reply to: Ideas for expanding gig repertoire #147045
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    Just thought I would expand a little on your follow-up post.

    in reply to: Ideas for expanding gig repertoire #147039
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    When I first started out playing in a restaurant, Harvi Griffen suggested that I have commited to memory at least 40 selections and build upon that.

    in reply to: Contemporary wedding music #146783
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    Before I forget, when I first learned the Canon in D, it was

    in reply to: gig for non- profit organization #147346
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    A well known jazz singer in my area gave me a response that all ways seems to work.

    in reply to: Any one know of music for Yue Liange Dai Bia Wo De Xin? #147407
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    Since I do not have a computer and must use library computers, I am limited to just recording through the earphone jack on the computer and writing down the song after I recorded.

    in reply to: Any one know of music for Yue Liange Dai Bia Wo De Xin? #147399
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    I am sure you will get the music wanted.

    in reply to: effect of economy on harp business #147573
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    I am so glad you asked.

    in reply to: Improvising? #156607
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    Hello,

    The very best information about this subject that I received, esp. since you have a piano background, is to train with a jazz pianist who can guide you without the use of the harp to understand how to take you through the basics when it come to this subject. Then I would listen, listen, listen to jazz guitarist and other instrumentalist and adapt what you are learning and where you are technique wise to the harp.

    I would also listen to harpists who specialize in this through cds or youtube,etc. so you can get a feel of what is out there in relationship to what you are trying to accomplish. All the above information is great but it can be very,very overwhelming when you are working with a new instrument and new concepts.

    Onita Sanders

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)