onita-sanders

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Donate your live music #62537
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    Playing for free is an anathema to me. I would only do if I felt it within my bones that it would make a difference in someone’s or organizations life. I too have worked to hard for where I am at professionally. I too have been burned by those who have taken advantage of my generosity. I too have been met with “this will be great exposure”. I once insisted on being payed for a culinary event for educators at a local high school. Would you believe that all those who helped at the event were acknowledge at the end of the program by name where as I was met with “and this is the harpist who said she did not need the exposure”. I thought this was very, very small of the director of the event. But at least I kept my head up high and got paid.

    Onita Sanders

    in reply to: suggestions for a masterclass about weddings #145191
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    I have been watching this forum with great interest. I am just thinking out loud. What ever happen to baptism by fire so to speak. There is nothing that difficult about playing a wedding ceremony. Granted the Catholic weddings I have played do have some interesting turns to the ceremony, but the organist has 99% of the time been there. When not, I mentioned to the the priest that I am not catholic and to just give me some cues.

    In the area where I live, a Catholic wedding changes some depending upon the culture. For example, within the span of 14 days I played your catholic wedding, the kind

    in reply to: Harpist in Naples, Florida.. Oct 5,6,7 for store opening #145201
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    I am sure you will find someone in Florida. I was curious, in general, with all the talent agencies and resources that Naples, Florida has, why can not the store in question pick up the phone and call one of them and let their fingers do the walking so to speak.

    in reply to: New Site–New Forums! #102495
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    I have to agree with the comments so far.

    in reply to: White paint scuff #69070
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    I am very glad that we were able to assist you and that everything worked out for you.

    in reply to: White paint scuff #69068
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    Might I suggest to remove paint without damaging the finish what is used on cars, Rubbining Compound”.

    in reply to: Approaching a restaurant for a weekly gig #145700
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    I am sure I do not haveto tell you that sometimes these jobs are booked through talent agencie-not all. I would just taget the ones that you think you would do best in and find out the name of the manager, or the person that makes these decision and just present what ever your press package or website it you are on to them. I have even done lunch hours once or twice aweek at some very popular diners that catered to politicians

    in reply to: Self-important new husband arrogant about my harp biz #145631
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    AUGH!.

    in reply to: Self-important new husband arrogant about my harp biz #145619
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    When I sat down at this library computer, the sun was shining bright and all was just going find, until I read your posting on this forum.

    in reply to: Folk Harp Journal: Issue 72 WANTED #69610
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    I have every issue of FHJ. But none to sell. Maybe I could make a copy of it or scan it

    in reply to: Do you offer in home consultations for brides? #145654
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    When I get the first inquiries for my services.

    in reply to: Do you offer in home consultations for brides? #145652
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    Absolutely not.

    in reply to: Programs for Senior Citizens #145876
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    I know it depends upon the state, comuunity, and all the variables. What I have found in the Michigan area is that the retirment villages are willing to pay between $100-$200 for the hrs work. An example would be a lucheon, a cocktail gathering,a Christmas reception, for one hr. This also depends on

    in reply to: Posting your rate on your website? #145900
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    I have no problem with posting my rate. I usually tell a client, everyone rate for a wedding ceremony is $____. But the range in my area is between$____ and $____.

    in reply to: An open letter to a bridal magazine #144730
    onita-sanders
    Participant

    This is just a personal observation.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)