Misty Harrison

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 270 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Aoyama- Japan #104901
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    What a pretty harp Eliza! Can you take more photos? We don’t see aoyamas where I live and I love cherry blossoms. I would love to see it in the daylight or something. What kind of harp did you have before and do you prefer this one?

    in reply to: Aoyama- Japan #104896
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Tell us more about your Princess Sakura and what you feel about it now that it’s arrived and you’ve played on it. Photos?

    in reply to: Substituting glisses for arpeggios in Trio Sonata? #148447
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    you can read what she wrote in the method

    she uses it as an example discusses it

    there’s an index to find it quickly

    in reply to: Substituting glisses for arpeggios in Trio Sonata? #148441
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    the gliss option is in the Renie method book

    in reply to: help please locating a recording of a song #148589
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    “He” is a great song for church stuff and it’s easy on harp

    there’s an easy version and a “hard” version which isn’t hard at all

    in reply to: becomming an authorized dealer #106900
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    If you only have to travel 2-5 hours to the nearest harp store consider yourself very lucky. Most people in the US are looking at very far drives to get to harp stores, or actual trips to other states.

    in reply to: History of national harp associations #148689
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    NHA petered out but the California Harpists Association was a northern Cal. chapter of NHA that

    in reply to: getting more reliable students #83400
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Thanks for all the advice. I do charge by the month but I have three students whose families seem to never be able to provide the money on time. I will have to use the “lessons on hold until payment received approach.” I usually try to talk to the parents in person but they drop the kids off when they need to pay and I can’t get to them before they’ve driven away. I’ll have to send a formal letter with a reminder of studio policy.

    in reply to: Switching to Bow Brand #147095
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    I use Bow Brand all the time and like them very much.

    in reply to: taheke #148873
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    I have the Trio Verlaine recording but it doesn’t sound like the page. Have you compared the recording to the music?

    in reply to: favorite harp Xmas CD? #107400
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Judy Loman with the Toronto Childrens Choir playing Ceremony of Carols

    in reply to: Kithara Christmas Collection #149134
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Thanks you are always helpful. Exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. I’ll order it now. Thanks again for being so helpful.

    in reply to: Israel competition #149176
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Sam that was good for a wonderful laugh. Thanks.

    in reply to: Saint Saens Christmas Oratorio Question #149211
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    It’s not hard except for two or three things. Spend a lot of time on the arpeggios in movement 7 because they can be taken faster than you might want. It’s beautiful.

    in reply to: Ouch! Replaced by a Synthesizer? #149218
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    It’s so sad but what you haven’t said is that it isn’t hard to find harpists who can play but harpists who will do without pay even if they have a different career and many of us would probably not be happy about some harpist who did a full set of rehearsals and performances for a low fee and like the oboist said professional harpists can’t make the committment without the income. A lot of community groups go supposedly professional but still don’t pay or don’t pay enough and a lot of good harpists have union memberships on top of that. We need more harp and less synth. More financial support for music groups.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 270 total)