Misty Harrison

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 270 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: transporting pedal harp on airliner #105908
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    a lot of people I know have driven their harps when they moved

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? Spring 2011 #105824
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    sounds like a lot of harpists are making that choice

    in reply to: Grandjany Rhapsodie? #147947
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    the Inglefield book has some information on the Rhapsody from Mrs. Grandjany

    that is why I recommended it.

    The Weidensaul article in the AHJ is not on everything about Grandjany but just about the Rhapsody. It will answer a lot of your questions.

    in reply to: Windy Weather #106054
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    I saw this happen with a harp one time

    the covers are very bad when it’s windy

    in reply to: Grandjany Rhapsodie? #147945
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Weidensaul article in old AHJ has a lot of information and also Inglefield’s book on Grandjany.

    in reply to: Aoyama- Japan #104909
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    can’t say I’ve had the courage to make a harp on my own but I have an old 22 and a 23 that’s not old but I bought it used

    people don’t expect a man to play the harp I always tell them that it used to be an almost all male profession (music) and they seem to get that

    women played the harp but just not a lot did professionally like in orchestras many times only men were hired

    in reply to: Windy Weather #106049
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    my goodness well that’s something alright

    in reply to: Windy Weather #106046
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    did the bride put the wet veil back on?

    in reply to: Unfortunate incident at gig captured for posterity. #106196
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    John you have so many stories

    I wish someone would do an oral history with you about your experiences playing the harp

    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    it’s still pretty and we could use more harp pictures out there to get people interested in the instrument

    in reply to: danse profane tempo? #147992
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    try not closing as much. it’s called short articulation. still need to relax the fingers and close but just not as far in. you can play faster that way but check with your teacher to be sure you’re ready for it since it’s an advanced technique

    in reply to: Grandjany Method #148044
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Saul’s right too that Grandjany studied with Renie. Both Hasslemans and Renie.

    Those videos of Grandjany that were made when he was in his 80’s should help and there’s an introduction on there by one of his students.

    in reply to: tuning at gigs #148031
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Thanks for the advice and the stories. I know you’re right but sometimes you have to hear it from other harpists to feel okay.

    in reply to: Grandjany Method #148043
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Maybe the problem isn’t Salzedo “aggressively” marketing his method or with people wanting to make gurus. Maybe it’s just that sometimes when you don’t have the teacher around anymore you want to gather all the information they had so you can still learn from them or share it with your students or hold on to something. It’s really human nature to do that. A lot of people probably talk about Grandjany method because they don’t know if there was one or not because they didn’t study with him or because they did study with him and want to make sense of the valuable lessons they learned and maybe they feel bad there isn’t a published method because lots of his students have little exercises and things he wrote for them.

    in reply to: Aoyama- Japan #104906
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Charles what a wonderful post and I can’t stop laughing about the screams I’m a woman’s harp part. I guess that’s true.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 270 total)