harpcolumn

History of national harp associations

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists History of national harp associations

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jennifer-byrne
    Participant

Afternoon, all,

I know that on January 20, 1920, Carlos Salzedo formed the National Association
    of Harpists, Inc. and

I think that the National Harp Association was the first such group. I am not aware of any connection to the AHS, so who is keeping the NHA active? Did you see a listing, and were there names attached?

I found the listing. I suspect it simply means that it was never dis-organized, as there is no contact address.

jennifer-byrne
    Participant

I think you are correct, Saul.

barbara-kraichy–2
    Participant

I have “Harp News” magazines dating back from the fall 1950- to fall 1966. They were published in California. I think in those days there was a California Harpists Association. The harp nes has

Dwyn .
    Participant

I’m pretty sure that in all states, some action is required on a regular basis to keep a corporation or partnership active.

Misty Harrison
    Participant

NHA petered out but the California Harpists Association was a northern Cal. chapter of NHA that

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies