Misty Harrison

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 270 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Stairs #149200
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Last year I had to take a very large concert grand in to a choir loft with stairs just like you are describing. Two men from the choir helped me and we could not use the dolly because of the twists in the stair case. It was very scary and I’m not sure that I would do it again. I know someone who lost a harp having it dropped in exactly this way. Then again this is my job. Hard to say. A clause is a good idea.

    in reply to: Does anyone know where I can find this Grossi book? #83657
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    yes

    in reply to: Repeated string breakages, can anyone help? #73271
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Leah where do you live?

    in reply to: positive attitudes #149259
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    oh heavens I can’t believe that

    in reply to: positive attitudes #149253
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Georgina,

    in reply to: Colorado Harpists #107490
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    sounds like he’s asking if any of us are on the AHS local chapter board not where we live in the state

    in reply to: positive attitudes #149251
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Kay,

    sorry I should have made it clear that I always check these things ahead of time so I’m not looking for advice on how to handle that. I’m asking how to handle what happens when you have been on top of everything but you arrive to find out that things are different than your contract states and different than the people claimed but you need the money enough to not just turn around and leave or build up a “difficult to work with” relationship.

    Thanks Brian, that’s really helpful.

    in reply to: diagram of harp parts #82641
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Carl, your book is wonderful and students with harps would benefit from it but these students are in a high-risk low income area and do not own harps. They are learning about the harp without owning one and I would like to give them a diagram of the harp to let them study the harp parts. That’s why I am asking if there is one that is not under copyright.

    in reply to: diagram of harp parts #82639
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    give it to students who already have a harp music book that does not have the diagram

    in reply to: Perrin masterclass in Traverse City #83662
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Thanks! Exactly the kind of information I was looking for.

    in reply to: harp covers #73262
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Just looked at the Four Seasons website. Has anyone used one of these covers before? What are they like?

    in reply to: Little Fountain #83483
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    It’s a fast piece but the important idea is making it flow like water and making the melody in the right hand thumb sing with all the other notes cascading from the melody. You can also listen to recordings of other fountain pieces for harp

    Hasselmans La Source

    Tourner Ver la Source dans le bois

    Zabel

    in reply to: Saint-Saëns Oratorio de Noël #149373
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Taping and dropping the pages in 7 is exactly right. Be sure the organ and harp are tuned together like one post said above too. That is very important and can be a nightmare. Also remember to take the music for 7 up to the director and accidently remind the director that in 7 a lot of the arpeggiatos do not start on the beat. If you don’t, sometimes they are very busy and don’t look at your part and start wondering why you are coming in a split-second “late.”

    in reply to: Adventures of a harp mouse…. #106201
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    The second book has a lever harp so both are really good to have and kids love them. The stories are cute and the illustrations too.

    The 20 carols with a friend is great too. A classic.

    in reply to: Finding students #149542
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    specializing in exposure rather than teaching or serving as a highway to a well-known teacher

    yep, a lot of teachers with large studios have one of these two things going for them

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 270 total)