harpcolumn

becomming an authorized dealer

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break becomming an authorized dealer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    poppy-rose
    Participant

Any body know what would be involved with becomming an authorized dealer/retailer for the

The only thing I have heard is that dealers pay something like 90% of the retail price.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Contact the companies and see what they say.

Carl gave good advice, to talk to the dealers directly. Horngacher harps

poppy-rose
    Participant

Thanks for the replies, I’m starting to realize why there are few dealers around…

There is a dealer in Ottawa, you should ask her.

poppy-rose
    Participant

yes, she is the closest to me, and I’ve actually bought from her, as there is no dealer in my city. – probably because it sounds like a big investment , in a small market. I’m going to look into it though.

Edella, you might also talk to the folks at Remenyi House of Music, in Toronto. Susana Remenyi emigrated from Hungary and is a fine concert harpist and teacher. Perhaps she will have information about dealing in harps, or perhaps that store doesn’t carry them, for a reason.

Kathleen Elarte
    Participant

Hi Edella

Vixen Harps has two store locations, both in Ottawa and Toronto.

What is the difference between a dealer and a distributor?

Kathleen Elarte
    Participant

Volume of sales, commission structure, level of professionalism and a myriad of other things.

As I understand, there are many tiers of commission structures, differing with the different manufacturers of harps.

There are:

Tier 1

Misty Harrison
    Participant

If you only have to travel 2-5 hours to the nearest harp store consider yourself very lucky. Most people in the US are looking at very far drives to get to harp stores, or actual trips to other states.

stephen-vardy
    Participant

Stephen @ WCH

West Coast Harps economically ships into 46 locations inside Canada. We are primarily a Dusty Strings Dealer but stock other harp lines as well.

We now sell Lever Gut Strung Dusty harps for those that want that “feel”.

Canadians are well served between Kathy at Vixen and ourselves for quality harps. The level of service offered is very high and the net margins are very low.

The average business analyst will scratch their head at anyone entering this market, the obstacles are many and the currency risk daunting for the neophyte (and the experienced)

Stephen Vardy

West Coast Harps

http://www.westcoastharps.com

http://www.harpteacher.ca

http://www.usedharpmart.ca

Wow, I didn’t know. That is really nice. It sounds like Prairie Night. I can’t wait to tell ASCAP.

I’ve never heard the terms for a teacher-dealer, but there is also sometimes a very small commission for referrals that lead to sales.

Kathleen Elarte
    Participant

There are

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.