Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
July 23, 2008 at 8:45 am in reply to: newbie seeking advice–strength training before starting harp lessons??? #162847
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantHi Ginger
I had a good laugh at your descriptions, because they could EXACLTY have been mine – sizing, RSI from computer, mouse work, wrist, etc… Then I had another good laugh at Denise’s replies.Mel Sandberg
ParticipantHi Kathleen.
You are welcome.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantHi Barbara
No, I don’t see the picture or the timeline, or a play-arrow at all.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantThanks Barbara, but do they actually slide their fingers across the white keys?
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantBarbara
I couldn’t access the YouTube link you put in, (I’m short of some or other thing) and I am frightfully curious – I did not know that the Glissando Waltz is a beginners piece on piano too. How is the glissando represented on piano?
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantMichelle, advertise in an event guide, or a bridal guide or magazine, and go on bridal / event / function exhibitions.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantHello Gayle
My congratulations too, on your tenacity of purpose.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantJennifer
You are the only one who replied with my exact advice – photocopy the whole thing, and rewrite whatever can be reduced (summarised – i.e. repeated arpeggio-figures of semiquavers – I reduce them to chords, etc.), and copy and paste accordingly.Mel Sandberg
ParticipantFrances – I share your problem too.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantHello George
Well done, congratulations, and I wish you well. Your spirit is a wonderful example to others.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantElizabeth – they have that cartoon on the wall in their lounge.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantSaul, before you replied, I meant to add something, but forgot.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantThe Desargus Variations are on a CD of Xavier le Maistrre – Die Virtuose Harfe, I think.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantSaul, I read your post with fascination.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantAlexandra, you don’t have to look any further, I have the answer for you, and you won’t believe it….. You just happened to stumble into the right place at the right time.
There is a duo group in South Africa who do exactly this. I couldn’t believe it when I saw it.
-
AuthorPosts