Mel Sandberg

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Harp Sighting in the Travelosity Commercial! #108315
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Yes, it is quite amusing.

    in reply to: Sore fingers and blisters – what can help? #155881
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Renate, Sunrider has a product called

    in reply to: Is there a technical name for this kind of chord? #158722
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Audrey, I read your question and the replies with fascination.

    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Sorry, I don’t remember exactly if the Prelude is a lever or pedal harp, and I don’t heve the catalogue in front of me now.

    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Lindsay, If you were planning to really leave it for a very long time, I would turn down the strings just slightly, so that they are not at full tension.

    in reply to: Context #84047
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    My experience is that people who come from small countries, or far away countries have a much wider knowledge of what is going on in the rest of the world, because their own small country does not seem to have everything.

    People who come from such a big leading country, tend to have endless multiples of everything within arm’s reach or walking distance, and therefore do not realise that there is a massive world out there.

    I did in fact hear this on an American programme, I think it was Larry King live, that an international survey proved that the general knowledge of children is the best in the smallest and least leading countries of the world, and the worst in the biggest and most leading countries. I remember one thing distinctly: a selected group of children from hundreds of countries were tested, and the average number of countries and their capitals that children from Singapore were able to list off the top of their heads, in their correct continents, were 88 of the 246. I think that is massively impresssive.

    in reply to: Context #84760
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    My experience is that people who come from small countries, or far away countries have a much wider knowledge of what is going on in the rest of the world, because their own small country does not seem to have everything.

    People who come from such a big leading country, tend to have endless multiples of everything within arm’s reach or walking distance, and therefore do not realise that there is a massive world out there.

    I did in fact hear this on an American programme, I think it was Larry King live, that an international survey proved that the general knowledge of children is the best in the smallest and least leading countries of the world, and the worst in the biggest and most leading countries. I remember one thing distinctly: a selected group of children from hundreds of countries were tested, and the average number of countries and their capitals that children from Singapore were able to list off the top of their heads, in their correct continents, were 88 of the 246. I think that is massively impresssive.

    in reply to: Context #85270
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    My experience is that people who come from small countries, or far away countries have a much wider knowledge of what is going on in the rest of the world, because their own small country does not seem to have everything.

    People who come from such a big leading country, tend to have endless multiples of everything within arm’s reach or walking distance, and therefore do not realise that there is a massive world out there.

    I did in fact hear this on an American programme, I think it was Larry King live, that an international survey proved that the general knowledge of children is the best in the smallest and least leading countries of the world, and the worst in the biggest and most leading countries. I remember one thing distinctly: a selected group of children from hundreds of countries were tested, and the average number of countries and their capitals that children from Singapore were able to list off the top of their heads, in their correct continents, were 88 of the 246. I think that is massively impresssive.

    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    If it was my recital, and if enough people understand English quite well, and if it isn’t a too extremely formal setting, I would call it:

    My harp and soul…

    Are you perhaps going to play Blossoms of R. Taki?

    in reply to: What do you all use for harp seats? #74254
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Karen, I did exactly the same.

    in reply to: What are your goals? #84175
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Saul, what is it about 1984 and Reagan that changed everything? Are there no more recitals and classical music on TV?

    in reply to: What are your goals? #84888
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Saul, what is it about 1984 and Reagan that changed everything? Are there no more recitals and classical music on TV?

    in reply to: What are your goals? #85398
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Saul, what is it about 1984 and Reagan that changed everything? Are there no more recitals and classical music on TV?

    in reply to: Etudes Sequence #84222
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Saul, I might be an even bigger Etude Disciple than Carl, but I want to address your question about memorising first, before I get to the Etudes.

    in reply to: Etudes Sequence #84935
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Saul, I might be an even bigger Etude Disciple than Carl, but I want to address your question about memorising first, before I get to the Etudes.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 231 total)