harpcolumn

marketing plan

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists marketing plan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    michelle-winston
    Participant

Does someone feel comfortable sharing their marketing materials and/or ideas?

I guess I’d send them a contract with my business card attached, a professional headshot which I have from my singing

Brandee Younger
    Participant

Michelle,

Business cards (without the ‘business cards are free at Vista Print’ on the back!), a bio, a photo & recording should suffice for the nursing home.

alice-freeman
    Spectator

Hi Shel –

I think a marketing plan should include business cards, a tri-fold flyer with colored pictures (as a fancy resumé), a demo CD of excerpts if you cannot manage a CD of full-length songs, and a Web site.

Liam M
    Participant

Sending a CD is fine…. But make it teasers, break a piece off at the middle of an interesting art and leave it there. Send a rate sheet and set your rates to reflect the value of your art. If you are to sell your art, then sell it at a fair price.

Giveaways DO NOT WORK, snd Discounts is what you do with CHEAP product.

My daughter struggled with her portrait art for years until I told her, stop giving it away; raise your prices, stop lowering them; and go in with a fixed price that is not open to negotiation.

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

Michelle, advertise in an event guide, or a bridal guide or magazine, and go on bridal / event / function exhibitions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies