marketing plan

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    michelle-winston on #162860

Does someone feel comfortable sharing their marketing materials and/or ideas?

Participant
    Briggsie B. Peawiggle on #162861

I guess I’d send them a contract with my business card attached, a professional headshot which I have from my singing

Participant
    Brandee Younger on #162862

Michelle,

Business cards (without the ‘business cards are free at Vista Print’ on the back!), a bio, a photo & recording should suffice for the nursing home.

Spectator
    alice-freeman on #162863

Hi Shel –

I think a marketing plan should include business cards, a tri-fold flyer with colored pictures (as a fancy resumé), a demo CD of excerpts if you cannot manage a CD of full-length songs, and a Web site.

Participant
    Liam M on #162864

Sending a CD is fine…. But make it teasers, break a piece off at the middle of an interesting art and leave it there. Send a rate sheet and set your rates to reflect the value of your art. If you are to sell your art, then sell it at a fair price.

Giveaways DO NOT WORK, snd Discounts is what you do with CHEAP product.

My daughter struggled with her portrait art for years until I told her, stop giving it away; raise your prices, stop lowering them; and go in with a fixed price that is not open to negotiation.

Participant
    Mel Sandberg on #162865

Michelle, advertise in an event guide, or a bridal guide or magazine, and go on bridal / event / function exhibitions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.