Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantThank you so much!
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantWow, this is almost unbelievable.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantThis is quite a succinct reply – I like it.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantMy achy breaky harp
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantThank you very much Kreig – you just made my year.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantOr Moses and Aaron……….
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantPatricia, I like your reply.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantWhy would the Intermezzo be right at the end after all the previous hell?
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantI also only play from memory. I memorise everything I learn first, and then practise the fluency and speed in from memory afterwards.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantThe conductor was ranting at the side-drum player who did something wrong and finished off with something like – “well no wonder, whenever a musician can’t measure up to scratch, they take his instrument away, give him 2 sticks and put him at the back of the orchestra”.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantThe best solution was provided by Tchaikovsky:
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantIn my experience, the worst I ever encounterd in terms of difficulty vs. inaudibility was in the Overture to the Flying Dutchmann of Wagner.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantJennifer, just thought about it – what did you do with page turns?
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantCarl, thanks once again for taking the time and effort to reply with such a clear explanation.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantCarl, thanks for this.
-
AuthorPosts