Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantThanks to everybody who has posted in reply.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantI realise this is an old thread, but I can’t find the previous one either, so here goes.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantChristian, your explanations are very interesting and convincing.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantChristian, as for melody in octaves, sorry I picked up the tips from Parish-Alvars.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantSorry, I meant to add: you can play the tune in octaves, to broaden the sound, and you can play it in harmonics, or pres de la table, you can put in big chords in the left hand, instead of just single notes or small chords.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantMr S., if you are very desperate, the best plan I can think of, is buy some piano books starting at book 1 – 5.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantFor what it’s worth at this late stage, I also think it is absolutely fabulous.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantI hope it is not as bad as the Sonata for Flute and Harp by Damase.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantFor me, in relation to harp, it has always only been an immense benefit, but completely independently from whether one plays the harp,
December 22, 2008 at 8:40 pm in reply to: Writing notes where they’re played, or where they sound??????? #86380Mel Sandberg
ParticipantCarl, thank God I’m not a Hollywood Harpist.
December 22, 2008 at 4:03 pm in reply to: Writing notes where they’re played, or where they sound??????? #86378Mel Sandberg
ParticipantI did not know that the invention of the pedal diagram was Salzedo’s, but I also always thought it was the best thing ever, until
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantI would also think that close to savant syndrome.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantSaul, I like how you put: things have to be learned in squence, and much by a certain age, and the issue of the age restrictions.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantI was just going to suggest the same as Chris – learn the piano on a cheap keyboard so long, if you haven’t done so in the past.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantSid, I also had a broken pedal rod, an E in the middle of a performance of Carmen, just before the Entr’acte.
-
AuthorPosts