Mel Sandberg

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: bursitis (shoulder) #151595
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Nancy, if your bursitis is the result of an injury, and if you find yourself in a position to take a break from your activities, I would take as big a break as is possible from all the activities, if I could – just break as much as you can.

    in reply to: Spam Mail? #86212
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    I see now what you mean – about the bananas, and as well as that they want your account number for identity theft. Thanks for the explanation.

    in reply to: Spam Mail? #86210
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Saul, sorry to keep harping on this topic, but something intrigues me, and you seem to know the answers…..

    You say that the purpose of the spammer is to obtain your bank details, and transfer more money than the lessons, and then ask you to repay the overpayment, and then bounce the cheque, so that you lose this overpayment out of your account.

    in reply to: Order of Repertoire for Examinations #86104
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    I just remembered something that one of my former university lecturers said at a local piano congress…….. He made a comment – in reference to the very early grade examinations, where there are lots of minuets and little pieces in the lists, and frequently many in the same key.

    in reply to: Failures in lessons #86046
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Sorry, again my language – I did not mean that I play along with her 100% of the time.

    in reply to: Spam Mail? #86207
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Saul, thanks for also confirming that it is spam, but as you put it, anybody who enquires “out of the blue”…..

    in reply to: Spam Mail? #86205
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    This is very interesting.

    in reply to: Failures in lessons #86044
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Janna, in fact, I have often played along with her.

    in reply to: Failures in lessons #86042
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Dwyn, I could check this out.

    in reply to: Spam Mail? #86201
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Janna, for me, it is hard to tell.

    in reply to: Fingering #86171
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    I do everything possible to explain the crucial factor of consistent fingers, but if they don’t want to believe it, or do it, then I give up.

    in reply to: Failures in lessons #86039
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Dwyn, your suggestions are very interesting and helpful, although not particularly appliccable to this student.

    in reply to: Fingering #86166
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Sorry, something else occurred to me – I am quite pedantic about conistent fingers for myself, and also impart that to my pupils, but if they don’t want to use my fingers, I still encourage them to rub out mine, put in their own, and then be consistent.

    in reply to: Fingering #86165
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Tony, I think you misunderstood my question.

    in reply to: Failures in lessons #86036
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Thank you very much all, for your wonderful advice.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 231 total)