harpcolumn

Harp and Violin

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Harp and Violin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    diane-michaels
    Spectator

I’m looking for suggestions for some substantial harp and violin pieces, on par with the Saint-Saens, but perhaps a little meatier than something like the meditation from Thais or the Ibert Entr’acte.

barbara kraichy
    Participant

Hello Diane,

barbara kraichy
    Participant

Hello Diane,

There are at least four sonatas by Spohr for violin and harp, and they tend to be harp-killers. Krumpholtz wrote six. Boccherini may have written six or they may have been published as harp. You can do baroque sonatas with continuo. You can do my Chassidic Suite for violin and harp. There are some pieces by Roman Ryterband. Cavatina by Henk Badings. Some pieces are disguised as flute and harp music, some as violin and piano. You can do the Lark Ascending by Vaughan-Williams from the piano accompaniment.

Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

The Lark Ascending – what a brilliant suggestion!

Try Delius’s “Lullaby for a Modern Baby,” from 5 Piano Pieces. You can see the score at http://www.music-scores.com/midi.php?sheetmusic=Delius_4_Lullaby

Katrina Szederkenyi
    Participant

There’s a wonderful Sonata for violin and harp by Damase.

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

I hope it is not as bad as the Sonata for Flute and Harp by Damase.

Diane, Por Una Cabeza, a tango composition composed by Carlos Gardel of Argentina, is published for violin and harp . Available from Vanderbilt Music of Bloomington, Indiana. It has great verve for both instruments

I wonder about Impresiones de Puna by Ginastera, which I’ve heard for flute and strings or piano, it seems like it might work on harp, and with violin.

unknown-user
    Participant

I was looking for it but the editor doesn’t have any copies left.
    Can you tell me how I can get one? Damase himself mentioned this piece to me.

I have an arrangement of Song to the Moon by Dvorak.

zoraida-avila
    Participant

Diane,
    I do recomend you

N.Von Wilm

Larghetto

Well that editor needs to do a re-printing. How unkind.

unknown-user
    Participant

Looking for …a violinist?

It’s really you, Sofia?

Greetings

Gianluca

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.