laura-palmieri

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Royal Harpist accused of burglary and fraud #109611
    laura-palmieri
    Participant
    in reply to: Weirdest Wedding Processional Request #106309
    laura-palmieri
    Participant

    Yeah Onita, it was the cavatina. It is really pretty, I just thought

    in reply to: Weirdest Wedding Processional Request #106298
    laura-palmieri
    Participant

    That was for the processional, he wanted “theme for deerhunter” to be played. It does have a really pretty melody but it’s just kinda strange.

    in reply to: Weirdest Wedding Processional Request #106297
    laura-palmieri
    Participant

    Theme from the movie Deer Hunter lol!

    in reply to: have you noticed, so many harpists are nurses? #151370
    laura-palmieri
    Participant

    Thank you June for your kind words! You have really come to develop a most gorgeous sound! It took me years to learn what you have picked up in so little time! I enjoy listening to you in our master class!
    Thank you Holly for your suggestion! I am actually heading off to Loma Linda in California after I get my Bachelors in Nursing. Someday I will go back to school and maybe work on getting a masters in music, but in the meantime I can’t wait to finish my degree and move on to Nursing! Have a wonderful thanksgiving everybody!

    in reply to: have you noticed, so many harpists are nurses? #151367
    laura-palmieri
    Participant

    Right now, I am a music major at Oakland University in Rochester Hills, Michigan. I have been taking my nursing pre-reqs alongside of my music classes. As soon as I recieve my music degree, I am heading off to nursing school and working towards

    in reply to: The Chromatina 311 tuner by Zenon #75183
    laura-palmieri
    Participant

    I Got it!!! My search is over!!! I finally got a hold of the maker in Japan, and he told me of a store in America that carrys them. If you are interested in getting one as well, you can visit the web-site, http://www.UnCommonDays.com. Go to what’s new, and the company called Dulcimer Shoppe, Inc. ,in Mountain View,AR can get the tuner for you. All the information is there to get in touch. Thanks everybody!Happy tuning:)

    in reply to: SALZEDO HARP SEARCHER!!! #167990
    laura-palmieri
    Participant

    Thank you so much for the response! Although I ‘m trying not to get a new one at this time, due to the price and long wait. I just missed a great Salzedo harp that Yolanda Kondonassis was trying to sell. I feel so bad. But there just might be another one out there!

    in reply to: Looking for Harp T-shirts!!~~ #167926
    laura-palmieri
    Participant

    Hey thanks For writing a response Linda! I wrote an e-mail to Sylvia Woods web page who has that beautiful picture of a harpist on the Journel, and Asked her if I could get that picture on a T-shirt so that I can Order it. She said that the picture is from another outside source and that they dont have the artwork for it. I’m still searching for it so I’ll let you know when I find it! I found some really cute shirts of Cats playing the Harp on http://www.harpworld.com, you might like them:) But I would really like that picture from the Journel!grrrr Thanks Again!

    in reply to: Youth Orchestras #167586
    laura-palmieri
    Participant

    I’ve been a part of the Oakland Youth Orchestra for 4 years and love it! Sad to say though that next year will be my last year in the Orchestra, since I will be a senior in highschool. I might become a part of Detroit Civic Youth Orchestra. Every young thriving harpist should get some experience in an orchestra. Its fun and an awesome learning experience.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)