Jerusha Amado

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 973 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What’s going on???? #113067
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    I second that! Everything will work out fine! And you may find that taking a break or even reducing the load can actually be beneficial. The brain continues to work on things even when we are not physically engaged in the activity. You can come back refreshed and with even greater facility!

    in reply to: L&H Style 150 #77381
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    I love the look of the Javelot!

    in reply to: Basel #112658
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    I’m glad for the well wishes and prayers of the folks on Harp Column.
    I can’t hear news about Syria without thinking of Basel.

    in reply to: L&H Style 150 #77368
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Thank you Eliza!
    I find the design to be uninspiring, rather plain and nondescript.

    in reply to: L&H Style 150 #77365
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Could someone post a photo of it?

    in reply to: Harps and Pets #77246
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Brook!
    I don’t have any experience with this problem, but I just wanted to say that those are a couple of beautiful-looking harps!

    in reply to: Worst Wedding Ever! #112848
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Good grief! I know that not all weddings are like this, but I’ve heard enough similar stories to dissuade me from doing them.
    I just read Anne Roos’ article in the latest issue of Folk Harp Journal concerning the downside of doing weddings, e.g. a bridal party high on drugs. It’s very sad. Whatever pay you received, Paul, was combat pay in my opinion!

    in reply to: What’s on Your Music Stand–July 2013 #61743
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Jennifer,
    Great tune! Here’s a YouTube video of it for any of our posters who might not be familiar with it. (The tune starts at 2:31 after the “Butterfly Jig”).

    in reply to: Showroom in LA #77128
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Thank you, Tracey, for the gracious response. And no Robert, I don’t have much knowledge of California. This is why I asked Tracey if the two towns were near one another. You may want to read her approach to a fellow poster’s kind attempt to be helpful. It is infinitely more appropriate for a public forum.

    in reply to: Showroom in LA #77124
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Is Harps Etc. in Walnut Creek CA nearby where you’ll be staying?
    http://www.harpsetc.com/

    in reply to: harp sighting #112763
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Alison,
    Thanks so much for taking the time to check on this for me!

    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Has Elizabeth Volpe ever been featured in HC? She writes beautiful and intriguing music for both pedal and lever harp, and has a distinguished career as the principal harpist for the Vancouver Symphony. She also teaches harp and adjudicates for various events, and she served on the board of a successful World Harp Congress.

    in reply to: harp sighting #112761
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Thanks, Alison!

    in reply to: harp sighting #112757
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    That’s funny, Kay! My husband and I are doing the same thing!

    in reply to: What’s on Your Music Stand–July 2013 #61739
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Andee,
    That abbey is beautiful! It reminds me of when I was in Cambridge two years ago for my son’s graduation. I so admire England’s gorgeous architecture!
    I would love to attend your festival and see you perform! If only somebody would invent a transport machine, like the kind they have on Star Trek.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 973 total)