column

Showroom in LA

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Showroom in LA

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Good Morning everyone,

I’m going back to California to see my family in a couple weeks. I have an appointment booked at Salvi already and just found out I’ll have some extra time to spare. Does anyone know of other showrooms or places in/around LA to maybe checkout. I’ll be staying north of LA about an hour (in Santa Clarita). I thought Silvia Woods was out there but I know she was moving to Hawaii so maybe not anymore. Anywhere else you would recommend? I know they’re pretty far and few between so I haven’t really been able to find much online.

Thanks,
    Tracey

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Is Harps Etc. in Walnut Creek CA nearby where you’ll be staying?
    http://www.harpsetc.com/

robert-hanson
    Participant

Jerusha. If you have any knowledge of California, Harps Etc. and Walnut Creek are not “nearby” Santa Clarita. It is a good five hour drive North at best from her location. California is a big State.

brook-boddie
    Participant

You may want to try Harp in LA http://www.harpinla.com. They are in Los Angeles and are the L&H dealer for that area of CA.

Brook, someone from Harp in LA actually emailed me yesterday after I posted this. I was super excited to hear from them because I think I had heard of them before but completely forgot sooo hopefully I’ll be able to make it down there!

Jerusha, even after living in CA almost my whole life, I had no idea where Walnut Creek was until I just googled it lol. It is quite far north of where I am though :/ thanks so much for the suggestion! I will have to check it out if I’m ever up there!

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Thank you, Tracey, for the gracious response. And no Robert, I don’t have much knowledge of California. This is why I asked Tracey if the two towns were near one another. You may want to read her approach to a fellow poster’s kind attempt to be helpful. It is infinitely more appropriate for a public forum.

Harp in LA is a great suggestion. (If you have enough time, Harps Etc might be well worth the lengthy trip. It’s pretty awesome). My boyfriend, a bassist, dropped into the Salvi showroom at my request to ask them a couple of very specific questions (he lived in the area at the time). They were incredibly gracious and also played for him, so he could hear the instruments I was asking about. Have a fun trip — it sounds like you’re in for a treat!!!

ellen-beckerman
    Participant

You might also try Carolyn Sykes with Pacifc Harps, at http://pacificharps.com/harpsonline/harp-showroom. She is in LA too. while I didn’t have the opportunity to meet her, I had some very helpful and supportive email conversations with her while I was exploring, and liked her very much. I was looking primarily at used harps, but she may carry new harps too… worth a query.

Thanks for being so helpful, I’ll definitely look into all of your suggestions!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.