Jerusha Amado

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 973 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: New harp #77825
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Deb,
    No problem! I’m glad to start the Music Stand thread. It’s fun hearing about what folks on the forum are doing!

    in reply to: What’s On Your Music Stand? (Winter, 2013) #62104
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Jennifer,
    That is one of the few Brock books that I don’t have.
    Neat effects!

    in reply to: What’s On Your Music Stand? (Winter, 2013) #62103
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Justin,
    Thank you for sharing that wonderful video! The piece is so beautiful! I would not have known about this composer had it not been for your post. What level is “Castle in the Sky”–intermediate, advanced? Do you know where the piece can be purchased? Also, what year was it written?

    in reply to: What’s On Your Music Stand? (Winter, 2013) #62100
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Jennifer,
    Do you have the Brock Christmas book that Barbara recommends? (Or are you using a different arrangement?)
    I have a tough time with pieces loaded with lever changes. I just try to avoid them altogether, if I can. What sound effects are in the one that you’ll be performing?

    in reply to: What’s On Your Music Stand? (Winter, 2013) #62099
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Justin,
    I’m not familiar with Hisaishi’s music. Are there YouTube videos of it that you would recommend?

    in reply to: What’s On Your Music Stand? (Winter, 2013) #62096
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Sherj!
    Have fun with those Christmas classics. Aren’t they great? Do you have any particular favorites?

    in reply to: What’s On Your Music Stand? (Winter, 2013) #62095
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Deb!
    So glad to hear that you’re back playing! It must be very comforting to both you and to your family to hear harp music in your home again.

    in reply to: What’s On Your Music Stand? (Winter, 2013) #62094
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Barbara,
    Thank you for the tip! I love the Brocks’ arrangements, but I’m not sure when I’ll ever play with another instrument though.

    in reply to: What’s On Your Music Stand? (Winter, 2013) #62090
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Deb,
    The O Carolan will come back to you! It’s all still in your muscle memory and in the memory banks of your brain.
    I love those Wizard of Oz tunes! I’ve never learned them, but would love to.
    I was just listening to Ernie and Becky Brock’s Christmas CD, and they play two songs together: “I Saw Three Ships” and “Arran Boat Song”. “Three Ships” is just beautiful! (Both songs are in Tunes to Go, a multi-genre fake book.) Have you heard “Three Ships” before?

    in reply to: What’s On Your Music Stand? (Winter, 2013) #62088
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Brook and Kreig!
    Brook, I also ordered Sam’s latest book. Also, I’ve been meaning to email you—I’ll send you one right now.
    Kreig, glad to hear that you’re recharging for the new year!

    in reply to: New harp #77818
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    I haven’t done one in a while, but I’ll put one up right now.

    in reply to: New harp #77816
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Congratulations, Deb! It’s a beauty! Please let us know when it arrives!

    in reply to: Reasons for mysterious gender imbalance in harp playing…? #113278
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Kreig,
    I think this is the angriest I’ve ever seen you on this forum!

    in reply to: offtopic happy news #113217
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Deb, I’m so happy for you and for your family! This is terrific news! And I’m also glad that you’ll be back playing the harps that you love and may also be back posting on harpcolumn.com. We’ve missed you! (PS–am already an organ donor!)

    in reply to: Deliberate Damage to Pedal Harp #62416
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Philippa–Wow…I never knew what harpists in amateur orchestras have to deal with. I respect your willingness to participate, given the negatives. Is there any way that the conductor could be persuaded to talk to the orchestra/hands about the cost of a pedal harp and how they need to be careful around it?

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 973 total)