Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Jerusha Amado
ParticipantHi Andee,
These pieces sound great! How long has it been since you’ve played them? Will it take you long to revive them? It’s also neat that you play in public! Where do you play?Jerusha Amado
ParticipantRomance is a wonderful piece! I used to play it in church during communion, as part of a flute harp duo, and it was always well received.
Jerusha Amado
ParticipantHi Allison,
How interesting that you have a chance to go to Scotland! Some of my ancestors lived there before moving to England. And what a wonderful place in which to learn traditional Scottish harp music!
I have a friend who owns a Delight; she just loves it! How do you like your harp?Jerusha Amado
ParticipantHi Brook!
I have a version of “Traumerei” for flute and harp, arranged by the Brocks. I never did sight read my part for it, but I adore Schumann!Jerusha Amado
ParticipantHi Jennifer,
Awesome!
I haven’t learned the full-sized version yet. Please let us know what you think of it when you learn it!Jerusha Amado
ParticipantHi Sherj!
I have that issue. I will sight read “Heaven’s Young Son, Slumber” tomorrow. Thanks for the wonderful tip! (I also play “In the Bleak Mid Winter” every Christmas.)Jerusha Amado
ParticipantIs there one book in publication that has all of the harp notations that exist?
Jerusha Amado
ParticipantThank you, Christian, for posting this! Eleanor was such a wonderful stylist! The last time I saw her was at the 1995 Jazz and Pop Harpfest. She gave classes on the business side of playing harp.
Jerusha Amado
ParticipantHi Sherj,
I was just thinking about him! I haven’t heard anything from him. I too hope that he is o.k.June 12, 2013 at 9:44 pm in reply to: Portable Practice for Pedal Harpist: Lap or Electric Harp? #76523Jerusha Amado
ParticipantHi Erin,
Dave Woodworth, owner of Heartland, developed a new style of 36 string carbon fiber harp called the “Legend” which has the standard shaped soundboard and box–no curve. You pull it back to you as you would with a typical floor-style lever harp.June 12, 2013 at 4:16 am in reply to: Portable Practice for Pedal Harpist: Lap or Electric Harp? #76521Jerusha Amado
ParticipantMaya,
Congratulations on your new harp! Maybe you can post a photo of it when it arrives?Jerusha Amado
ParticipantI wonder how Annie Louise’s version differs from Grandjany’s?
Jerusha Amado
ParticipantI just found my copy. It’s called “Marguerite au rouet” op. 19. The composer is Zabel, and the arranger is Annie Louise David.
Jerusha Amado
ParticipantTacye,
That’s what I was thinking!
I have a copy of this piece. I’ll try to find it and see who the arranger is.Jerusha Amado
ParticipantHi Christine,
About a year ago I test drove the “Merlin Harp” (builder-Rick Rubarth). It is strung with fluorocarbon strings. I found the harp to be responsive and easy to play, and it produced a beautiful tone, with great projection for a mid-range harp. The strings were comfortable to play, but the feel of them is different than nylon.
I would characterize the tension of the Merlin as somewhat medium low. I have a Dusty Strings 36 lever harp, which has medium tension. So on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being a lever harp with pedal tension, the Merlin was a 6. (I would put the Dusty at a 7.) Hope this helps! -
AuthorPosts