harpcolumn

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Basel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

Has anyone had any news lately from Basel? Just hoping he is well, and keeping him in my prayers. Sherj

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi Sherj,
    I was just thinking about him! I haven’t heard anything from him. I too hope that he is o.k.

jimmy-h
    Participant

Is he still in country? I really hope he’s ok.

Tacye
    Participant

I too am worried we haven’t heard from him for quite a while.

paul-knoke
    Participant

He was just shown as being logged in on Facebook, so that’s a good sign.

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

Thanks Paul. It’s good to know he is still around. Sherj

jimmy-h
    Participant

Things are probably going to get even worse now. I hope he and his family can get out of there if he’s not already.

kay-lister

He just came to my mind a few days ago as well. Truly hope that he and his family are ok. Such an awful mess over there. Praying for them all.

Kay

jimmy-h
    Participant

Any word lately? I don’t know him, but was thinking about him and praying for his safety.

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

Basel sent me a short message on July 21st, and he appreciates being thought of. It’s wonderful so many people do pray for his safety. I also only know him through these forums. Thanks for asking about him.

tony-morosco
    Participant

He was well as of Saturday, last I saw anything from him on Facebook . But a young girl on his street was killed a few days earlier. There is no real safety where he is so all your good thoughts and wishes I’m sure he appreciates.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Anything new?

tony-morosco
    Participant

I have seen several postings from him over the past few days including one this morning, but they haven’t been in English so I’m not certain what he is saying other than I think he feels the major powers of the world are ignoring what is going on and that he feels that the people of Syria don’t matter to the powers that be. But he appears to be alive and well at least.

carl-swanson
    Participant

He sent me a couple of emails on Friday, which I didn’t get until yesterday. He’s terribly depressed and I’m sure worn out from trying to simply survive for the last 2 years. I wish there was some way we could get him out of there.

carl-swanson
    Participant

I think that if as many of us as possible send him messages it might help to cheer him up a little. I just sent him one on Skype. That seems to be the best way of contacting him. He doesn’t have internet connection at home now, but can get it at a restaurant. So if you send him a message, it may take several days for him to get it but he will get it. Be very careful about what you say though. Who knows who else is reading his emails, and we don’t want to attract attention to him or get him into trouble.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies