Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
jennifer-buehler
MemberDefinitely a troub.
jennifer-buehler
MemberPS:
jennifer-buehler
MemberOne thing I do is make sure that pontential clients know there will be a fee if they don’t book me at the time of the consultation.
jennifer-buehler
MemberI’m at a hotel, harp and luggage in tow, for some harp event but I can’t figure out how to check in.
jennifer-buehler
MemberI have a recurrent dream that I’m on my way to class but it’s been so long since I’ve been to classes that I don’t remember where they are and when I do get there I don’t remember what we’re studying.
jennifer-buehler
Member– not look angry when I’m playing (believe me, I’ve videotaped myself)
LOL.
jennifer-buehler
MemberSweet!
January 3, 2008 at 12:42 pm in reply to: First public performance — and speed problems on lower strings #163539jennifer-buehler
MemberI agree to keep the bass fairly simple.
jennifer-buehler
MemberTry a Thormahlen Serenade.
jennifer-buehler
MemberA Triplett Christina 🙂 and Cynthia Cathcart’s Alchemy of a Rose CD
Jennifer
jennifer-buehler
MemberEvangeline,
You might appreciate this one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0tPkZuvd8U&feature=related
Jennifer
jennifer-buehler
MemberThanks for the explanation!
jennifer-buehler
MemberThank you.
jennifer-buehler
MemberIf she’s interested she can and will find a way to work it out.
jennifer-buehler
MemberMy friend Karen Conoan who teaches in the Omaha Public Schools wanted to post this but was having trouble posting.
Here’s a site, partially ‘under construction’ being compiled to give
information and invite dialog about teaching harp in public schools:http://www.harpeducation.com/12722/12085.html
“Budget” is one challenge. The harps owned by the Omaha Public Schools
(four LH style 15 pedal harps and four lever harps)are in good
condition. All the pedal harps could use new strings and regulation and
the three of the lever harps would benefit from reconditioning. The
cost of this is beyond the budget. I do as much maintenance as possible
and a few simple repairs, and change strings, especially the third
octave (because we use middle C and surrounding strings the most with
the beginners).My original certification was K-12 vocal and instrumental and I have
taught marching band, et.al. Often I arrange parts for the harp to
play with various ensembles. The most advanced harp ensemble I have at
present is four sixth graders. They are able to play at the advanced
beginner level. -
AuthorPosts