HBrock25

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 365 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Bellying of the sb and harp’s action #69136
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hello,

    Congratulations for the forum and respects to the great professionals. An honor Mr. Swanson.

    Let me please a humble contribution, and certainly will be invented, but I have done very well.

    Thank you very much

    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/98721591/adjustable-disk-pedal-harp.jpg

    in reply to: Looking for a good music theory book #155529
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hi. I

    in reply to: About working in a harp center #145538
    HBrock25
    Participant

    This site is amazing, however ALWAYS check anything you download with an original score. I have had trouble in the past with things such as clef changes and call numbers not being printed in some orchestral harp parts.

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145333
    HBrock25
    Participant

    The element is good. It’s low to the ground so it’s not a pain to get in the car.

    in reply to: Caryn Wunderlich Gott Rohbock #145612
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Caryn played at our wedding on Mt Charleston in September of 2005.

    in reply to: Jazz harp #103367
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Jakez Francois, who is one of the best jazz harpists I’ve heard although he rarely plays any more, once told me “You must forget the pedals.” By which, of course, he means that the pedals must be *automatic*.

    As a vibe player I have no idea how hard it is to get to that point, but I imagine it is just a matter of woodshedding 2-5-1 in every key for long enough…

    HBrock25
    Participant

    ha! I’m a 52 y/o convert from piano. It has been a month since I decided to play and three harps have come into my house…my pedal harp hasn’t found me, yet. He moves slow because he has those extra concert strings behind him : ) I’m waiting patiently for him. I’ll be practicing while I wait : )

    in reply to: Strings for Witcher harp #69464
    HBrock25
    Participant

    The current website for Robinson’s seems to be
    http://robinsonsharpshop.com/strings.html. I also have a 32 string J. Witcher, made in 1976, strung G to c and am looking for strings. You can still reach Mr. Witcher at Witcher Harps (there is no email address listed, but he does provide his telephone number). He was very helpful, and read me the string chart for my harp over the phone. Now, I just have to track down someone who has nylon in 0.029 and 0.026 diameters…

    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hi,

    I am 58, and just started playing 1 1/2 years ago.

    in reply to: practicing and discipline #155806
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Its record creates Prada purses one of the most desired purses among
    trademark replica prada handbags fans. It is not only known for its name but also for
    its excellent purses. Its components are mostly set. Aside from this,
    replica purses have charming dark-colored plastic and triangular company
    logo that creates it different from other trademark purses.

    in reply to: Teenage harpists! #165707
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hey! I haven’t played harp for a long time. It’ll be 3 years in a couple of weeks. I’d love to talk to international harpists. If you need tips, just ask me and I’ll ask my teacher if you would like! I think she’s good. She gets asked to teach at camps and play in orchestras overseas like in Brazil and Spain, so I would hope she knows what she’s doing! By the way, I’m 15. I’ll be 16 in a couple of months. If you ever want to chat, email me at beezlebobster@gmail.com. (weird email, I know. Don’t ask. XD)

    in reply to: Teenage harpists! #165706
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hey Christine, I’m Nat (:
    I’m from Detroit, but I don’t know anyone else who plays harp, and this post made me really excited haha.
    I’m 15 and I’ve been playing for about 2 years now.
    My email is knellerscheller@yahoo.com
    Thanks E>

    in reply to: Harp dresses #144970
    HBrock25
    Participant

    One possibility is to check the line of dresses by Nataya.

    in reply to: Sore fingers and blisters – what can help? #155883
    HBrock25
    Participant

    The best stuff I’ve found is GurneyGoo, just put it on about an hour before you play or you’ll just make a mess!

    in reply to: buying lever harp.. #82689
    HBrock25
    Participant

    To Jessica and all,

    I paid $400 for my Troubador 1 in 1971 and thought, ” My God this is an ugly harp.”. I sold it in 1979 which I regretted until last year when I bought an Ebony Prelude 40.

    Jillian

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 365 total)