harpcolumn

Teenage harpists!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists Teenage harpists!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

I’m 17 years old, been playing harp since I was 11. I played on a little lap harps for years, and finally saved up enough for a pedal harp last year. My church had a fundraiser for me, and my father sold his Harley Davidson motorcycle so I could get my harp! I thank them all very much and love playing. I’m from Florida, USA. God Bless!

Hi!
    I’m a 13 year old harpist in Ohio. I’ve been playing for just over one year, but I’ve been playing the pedal harp for six months! Since I played piano, I advanced on harp really quickly. Have fun practicing in Scotland!

Abby Kent
    Participant

Hi Christine!

I

Christine

Wow – I started this topic way over 3 years ago and am still getting notifications for new people posting in it!
    Abby – I’m in my second year of studying pedal harp at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland so if you come here it’s very likely we will meet!

niina
    Participant

Hi Christine
    It’s really interesting that you made this post 3 years ago and we are talking with you as though you started it yesterday :-). You must be 19 or 20 now and a really good Harpist. I am 16 and started playing Clarsach 3 years ago and Pedal Harp over 2 and a half years ago. I will have to start thinking where I will go after school.

Niina

HBrock25
    Keymaster

Hey Christine, I’m Nat (:
    I’m from Detroit, but I don’t know anyone else who plays harp, and this post made me really excited haha.
    I’m 15 and I’ve been playing for about 2 years now.
    My email is knellerscheller@yahoo.com
    Thanks E>

HBrock25
    Keymaster

Hey! I haven’t played harp for a long time. It’ll be 3 years in a couple of weeks. I’d love to talk to international harpists. If you need tips, just ask me and I’ll ask my teacher if you would like! I think she’s good. She gets asked to teach at camps and play in orchestras overseas like in Brazil and Spain, so I would hope she knows what she’s doing! By the way, I’m 15. I’ll be 16 in a couple of months. If you ever want to chat, email me at beezlebobster@gmail.com. (weird email, I know. Don’t ask. XD)

Madeline Davis
    Participant

I think this is great idea for getting to know about other harpists our age(even though this post has been going on four years, I’ll introduce myself late rather than never).

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.