harpcolumn

Saturn, The Bringer of Old Age, The Planets, Holst, First Hp. Part

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Saturn, The Bringer of Old Age, The Planets, Holst, First Hp. Part

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Keymaster

Can anyone tell me how the right hand harmonics are played at measure numbers 147-154 in the Holst, Saturn, first harp part?

How do you play a double harmonic in the right hand?

J P
    Participant

That whole passage is nothing but harmonics. Take the top notes with your right hand and the bottom notes with your left hand.

I re-distribute that section so that there isn’t so much jumping and it becomes easier to watch the conductor. The first harpist takes the top line of the first and second part, and the second harpist takes the bottom lines of each part. I’ll send you my PDF file, Sharon, so you can see what I mean. This is a concept that comes in handy in various pieces.

HBrock25
    Keymaster

Thanks for your mail JP!!

HBrock25
    Keymaster

Elizabeth, thank you very much!!!

rosalind-beck
    Participant

We used Elizabeth’s solution when we played The Planets in the Orlando Philharmonic a couple seasons ago, and it worked like a charm.

HBrock25
    Keymaster

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics