harpcolumn

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Participant

What to sit on?

With my lap harp, I used a dining room chair with a straight back and no arms. That worked well. Said harp has now gone back to the shop to be bought by someone else, and I’m playing my Ravenna 34.

Now, on the dining room chair, it is (the chair, me) I think, too high. The neck is resting below my shoulder blade. On one of our tub chairs, it’s too low.

I’ve purchased a height adjustable rectangular scissor action keyboard stool, which might work (and will work, for my keyboards if nothing else!) but would I be better off with something with a back rest?

I don’t think my wife would be too impressed if I started attacking the dining chairs with a tennon saw.

So. What’s a good seat? Might have a look in charity shops over the weekend.

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Hi Gary,

What you’ve already purchased a, “rectangular scissor action keyboard stool,” should work quite nicely with your new Ravenna harp.

Karen Johns
    Participant

Gary,

First and foremost, you need to be comfortable at your harp. If your chair is too low, your knees may be bent upwards. Ideally, your knees should be in a straight line to your hips, with your feet flat on the floor. Believe me, if you compromise your posture, you will come to regret it. I certainly did, and my

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies