Valse des Ondines – Cecile Corbel – my latest song addiction

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    deb-l on #157937

I just got my sheet music from Cecile’s website from France yesterday.

helen-rudd on #157938

I love this song as well. Do you play it with her fingering? I only stopped making mistakes when I got rid of her fingering. The muffling in the second bit was interesting to learn as well. On her cd it sounds like a percussive buzz which was difficult to replicate since we are used to attempting to minimize buzz.

Participant
    deb-l on #157939

ah so I’m not alone in my love of this song!

Participant
    holly-kemble on #157940

You two have peaked my curosity! I’m always on the lookout for great harp music to learn.

Is this piece suitable for lever harp…or for pedal only?

Thanks…Holly

Participant
    deb-l on #157941

yes it’s for lever harp, the only place I could find the music is on her website.

Participant
    harpglo-jean on #157942

I am obsessed with, and would love to find the sheet music for “Six Ribbons” by Jon English, but have been unsuccessful in my search.

Participant
    deb-l on #157943

Gloria,

I found where you can download it,

http://www.sheetmusictrade.com/sheets/25053/Jon_English-Six_Ribbons.html

Participant
    harpglo-jean on #157944

Thanks Deb, I actually tried that website numerous times, even signed up, emailed the person who has that sheet music, with the offer of a trad, and nothing happened, but thanks anyway!…..Gloria

helen-rudd on #157945

There is a harpist playing it on youtube- you might try asking her where she got the music
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_89Jye7EZJE

Participant
    harpglo-jean on #157946

I did ask her (you can see my post there) and she said she would send me her version and never did, and I’m not into “bugging”…but may ask her one more time… and, thanks anyway!

Participant
    deb-l on #157947

Helen, do you use Cecile Corbel’s fingering when she does the ornamentation of repeatedly plucking the A string in the first part of Valse de Ondines all with the second finger?

Participant
    deb-l on #157948

finally got this song down.

Participant
    deb-l on #157949

never mind my silly question about what arrangements to work on next.

Participant
    Rachel on #157950

Besides New Blues by Deborah Henson-Conant, you can try Latin Groove by John Metras, Epices (two volumes) by Bernard Andres, and Easy Swing by Jakez Francois (there’s a nice little ragtime piece in that collection)

Participant
    deb-l on #157951

thanks Rachel, these all sound like interesting and different selections.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.