Elizabeth Volpé Bligh

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 954 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Merry Christmas to you all #146791

    That is very generous of you, knowing what you are going through! Hopefully, you will have a Merry Christmas next year and Syria will be at peace.

    in reply to: String-changing tip #70597

    What a great idea! I wonder whether a tiny piece of masking tape at the very end would also be enough to prevent it from being pulled through the hole.

    in reply to: Sleigh Ride Harp Part #146763

    I brought this out for the 13th and last concert and the orchestra nearly jumped out of their skins when I did the first gliss! It got a great reaction; thanks, David!

    in reply to: How do you organise your music? #104822

    I have a filing cabinet, with different categories such as orchestra parts, solo harp pieces, chamber music, chamber music, etc. For each category, the music is filed in the order in which I bought it. At the front of each category is a list with the names and numbers of each piece written on it. This is cross-referenced in a recipe card holder (small box). In the recipe card box, there are little alphabetical dividers. Under “B”, there is a recipe card for each composer whose name begins with “B”. For example, I have a card labelled “Bartok” in section “B”, and the card has the names and numbers of every orchestra part that I have by Bartok. This makes it very fast and easy to find music, but also to add to the collection.

    in reply to: Robert Ward’s Crucible #146859

    They just did it at UBC! I have the part. As opera parts go, this one is not too difficult.

    in reply to: Harpists on youtube….. #156711

    These are some live performances from The Festival of the Sound in 2010. They sent me the MP3’s and my son helped me add a photo on top.
    Fall in Vancouver
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZtzWcXeQQo
    The Damselfly and Downstairs Spider
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsItIe9P6yA&feature=related
    Winter in Vancouver
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObHLhD2Ia_8&feature=related

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145328

    It does fit into the Prius V, quite comfortably, though the space between the wheel wells is exactly the width of the widest part of the harp.

    in reply to: Sleigh Ride Harp Part #146760

    Oh, I just read this again and I see that there wasn’t a part in the original. You know, it would still be fun to have this for the last concert of a long run of Christmas concerts.

    in reply to: Sleigh Ride Harp Part #146759

    Wow! We’ve been playing Sleigh Ride for years and I never knew that there was supposed to be a harp part. It must have been lost years ago and never replaced.
    I’ll email you for sure! Thanks, David!

    in reply to: 2011 Harp Cars #104074

    I just bought a 2012 Prius V. Before putting down the deposit, my husband and put the harp and dolly into the car and there’s plenty of room. The gas mileage on these cars is just amazing.

    in reply to: Yet Another Harpmobile Question-Jetta/Golf Sportwagen #103175

    I just purchased a Prius V, which fits my concert grand Style 23 plus the harp dolly and bench. The gas mileage is excellent!

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145325

    I gave him the measurements of my concert grand, a LH Style 23. I haven’t had a chance to try it yet, but someone on another harpmobile thread said that she fits her concert grand Venus into a Prius.

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145322

    My wonderful Honda Odyssey needs a new transmission, so I am looking for a new vehicle. I went into Toyota today and learned that the new Prius V will have more room, and the back will be more square than the last model. In a couple of weeks, the first ones will be arriving at the car lot! I told the salesman the harp’s measurements, and he said that would fit into the current model of the Prius.

    in reply to: Spanish Music #166024

    There is also a wonderful two-harp-and castanet version of Spanish Dance #1 by Patty Masri-Fletcher. If your daughter loves Spanish music and dance, she should also look for flamenco videos on Youtube to get a sense of the style.

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? Fall 2011 #105056

    Thanks, Jerusha! I haven’t published Summer in Vancouver yet, but I can send you a copy when I think it is really done. I have published Winter in Vancouver, which is available from The Avondale Press. These are both playable on either 34-string lever harp, or pedal harp.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 954 total)