harpcolumn

Sleigh Ride Harp Part

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Sleigh Ride Harp Part

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    David Ice
    Participant

I’ve done a harp part for Leroy Anderson’s SLEIGH RIDE. I’ve been asked so many times at rehearsals, “Oh, you’re not playing on this?” that I decided to create a sight-readable part. If anybody wants it, I can email the .pdf file to them.

Sylvia Clark

I always play it with the band, but I just improvise off the score.

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

Like!

Wow! We’ve been playing Sleigh Ride for years and I never knew that there was supposed to be a harp part. It must have been lost years ago and never replaced.
    I’ll email you for sure! Thanks, David!

Oh, I just read this again and I see that there wasn’t a part in the original. You know, it would still be fun to have this for the last concert of a long run of Christmas concerts.

diane-michaels
    Spectator

David –
    When I played this on Wednesday, the conductor audibly laughed with delight when he heard the 1st gliss and later asked that it stay in the folder for the next 5 shows. Thanks for sharing!!!

Alison
    Participant

I’d like one, can;t count the number of times I have had to sit out during this piece, the conductor liked it so much….!

I brought this out for the 13th and last concert and the orchestra nearly jumped out of their skins when I did the first gliss! It got a great reaction; thanks, David!

David Ice
    Participant

Great Elizabeth!

Brian Stevenson
    Participant

David, thanks so much for this harp part!

David Ice
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words, Brian!

Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

I agree with you re having a willing conductor there. Saying that, I get called in to play with the university concert band and am often handed a score, asked to listen at the first few rehearsals and then told to ‘add what feels suitable’. The conductor will then check through it, listen & make a few

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.