Sleigh Ride Harp Part

• Participant
    David Ice on #146756

I’ve done a harp part for Leroy Anderson’s SLEIGH RIDE. I’ve been asked so many times at rehearsals, “Oh, you’re not playing on this?” that I decided to create a sight-readable part. If anybody wants it, I can email the .pdf file to them.

Sylvia Clark on #146757

I always play it with the band, but I just improvise off the score.

Spectator
    Sid Humphreys on #146758

Like!

Participant
    Elizabeth Volpé Bligh on #146759

Wow! We’ve been playing Sleigh Ride for years and I never knew that there was supposed to be a harp part. It must have been lost years ago and never replaced.
    I’ll email you for sure! Thanks, David!

Participant
    Elizabeth Volpé Bligh on #146760

Oh, I just read this again and I see that there wasn’t a part in the original. You know, it would still be fun to have this for the last concert of a long run of Christmas concerts.

Spectator
    diane-michaels on #146761

David –
    When I played this on Wednesday, the conductor audibly laughed with delight when he heard the 1st gliss and later asked that it stay in the folder for the next 5 shows. Thanks for sharing!!!

Participant
    Alison on #146762

I’d like one, can;t count the number of times I have had to sit out during this piece, the conductor liked it so much….!

Participant
    Elizabeth Volpé Bligh on #146763

I brought this out for the 13th and last concert and the orchestra nearly jumped out of their skins when I did the first gliss! It got a great reaction; thanks, David!

Participant
    David Ice on #146764

Great Elizabeth!

Participant
    Brian Stevenson on #146765

David, thanks so much for this harp part!

Participant
    David Ice on #146766

Thanks for the kind words, Brian!

Participant
    Fearghal McCartan on #146767

I agree with you re having a willing conductor there. Saying that, I get called in to play with the university concert band and am often handed a score, asked to listen at the first few rehearsals and then told to ‘add what feels suitable’. The conductor will then check through it, listen & make a few

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.