Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Donna O
ParticipantCaleigh,
Those are performance levers on your Salvi and it is not a hex wrench that you need. Lyon Healy sells a tool kit online at Harp.com with a set of tools that contains the little screwdriver you need to tighten that screw along with 3 hex wrenches and another tool that all fit various screws on the harp. I don’t know where you are located but here in the US the cost is $11.50. It is called a lever regulation tool kit.Donna O
ParticipantKaren, I received mine this last Wednesday.
Donna O
ParticipantThank you Ellen and Sherj for your feedback. I have played all four of these harps but at different times, so it’s really hard to compare them. I was really interested in feedback on the Blevins because there is a lot more info on the dustys, so I appreciated the help. All of these harps are 1/2 the weight of my Prelude so they seem easy to transport and will fit in my car. I plan on keeping my Prelude as well. I am going up to Madison, Wi next week to try the Dusty’s again. Thanks much.
Donna O
ParticipantMae, I have Performance Levers on my L&H Prelude. Generally, they are excellent levers but they do have a few issues. They do tend to wear the strings a bit more than some of the other levers but if they are regulated properly this is not a big issue. When I first got my harp I had more string breakage but once the harp settled in it was no longer an issue. They do not loosen up and they preserve the tone and resonance of the strings when engaged. ( I tune in E flat). They are very easy to engage. They do need to be regulated occasionally. I just had my harp done for the first time in 5 1/2 years. I think the trade off in terms of the sound of my harp are well worth the few issues these levers have.
DonnaDonna O
ParticipantIf you click on the image it comes up in the correct orientation.
Donna O
ParticipantJennifer, Ray Pool has a nice arrangement in his “Carols from around the world” vol 1. You can hear Ray playing it on youtube. It’s easy to sight read.
Donna O
ParticipantMaria, Done.
DonnaODonna O
ParticipantAlan, I sent an email with the attachments to your email address.
DonnaODonna O
ParticipantTracey, I retired before I pursued my desire to play the harp. I unretired ?? and worked part-time as a school nurse for a year to afford my harp and lessons. ( not a pedal harp). It’s now 7 years later and I’m still taking lessons.
DonnaDonna O
ParticipantTracey, I always buy my strings from Vanderbilt. They have the best prices on individual strings as well as octave sets. Watch for their sale just before the holidays. I always try to save my large orders for then.
Donna O
ParticipantKay, Oem usually stands for “original equipment manufacturer”. In this case it probably means L&H didn’t do the soundboard replacement
Donna O
ParticipantSylvia, I currently use a digital voice recorder (Olympus) to record all of my lessons. I then upload to my computer into Windows media and work from there. I have fairly decent speakers on my computer so the sound quality is fine for my needs. I am also able to transfer the files to my tablet as well. I’m not sure what you are using the recording for.
Donna O
ParticipantSonya, Congratulations on your new 15. She’s gorgeous. You must be so thrilled. I’m so glad to hear you had a good visit. When do you get her?
Donna O
ParticipantBrooke, I use a product called Fresh Wave Odor Removing Crystals. No need to apply anything to the harp, just leave it set up next to it. I have a dog so I use this stuff to keep my house from smelling ” doggy” It really sucks up bad odors. We bought it at our local Ace Hardware. Not sure if you have those in La. It might be worth a try. It does take some time to work. Btw: I concur, those are gorgeous harps. Good luck
Donna O
ParticipantI have the same key. I gave one to my teacher for his birthday and he also loves it. It tunes either by vibration or sound. ( Great for noisy venues) Make sure to get the Sn-2
There other one doesn’t work as well. I know Intellitouch also makes a clip-on tuner but it wouldn’t stay clipped to my tuning key -
AuthorPosts