David Ice

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 520 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Harpists in Walt Dysney’s Fantasia #151540
    David Ice
    Member

    Well, I’m very happy to announce that, FINALLY, the mystery has been solved as to who the on-camera harpists were for Fantasia.

    Thanks to Alex Rannie for going through the Disney vaults and finding the call sheets for the live action filming!

    According to the studio call sheets, the on-camera harpists used for the live action filming were Elizabeth Ershoff and Helen Bliss.

    in reply to: Practice hour #160216
    David Ice
    Member

    I was playing 2nd harp with the Phoenix Symphony one day, and I turned to Karen (first harp) and asked her, “Do you ever have days when you feel like you’ve never seen a note of music in your life, and you have no idea how to play this thing

    in reply to: Venus Prodigy #75785
    David Ice
    Member

    Where are you located, Jeff?

    in reply to: Gigmasters? #151526
    David Ice
    Member

    I haven’t had much luck with them either….and it seems like there are a lot of internet companies that are quick to sign you up and take your money, with very little (if any) return.

    in reply to: Jaws harp part by John Williams #151689
    David Ice
    Member

    Thanks for that info, Mimi!!!

    in reply to: Help! #151614
    David Ice
    Member

    Arlene,

    If you’ll email me with your mailing address I’ll send you my editings on “This Little Babe”.

    in reply to: Jaws harp part by John Williams #151687
    David Ice
    Member

    Hi Liz,

    I’d just play the octaves forte.

    in reply to: Venus Prodigy #75779
    David Ice
    Member

    Hi Jeffrey,

    I own both a Venus Aria and a Venus Criterion.

    in reply to: Nutcracker part #151640
    David Ice
    Member

    Years ago Dorothy Remsen told me that once, while playing the Nutcracker Cadenza, the conductor stopped her and said, “You’re not playing what is written!” Dorothy told me, “Well, what do you say? I sort of gulped and said, ‘ I am playing it the way it is traditionally played, Maestro'”.

    in reply to: Harp for Music Thanatology #75653
    David Ice
    Member

    The DVD of The Loved One is available at Amazon.com for only $5.79.

    in reply to: Les Paul Dead at 94 #109272
    David Ice
    Member

    Plus, he developed multi-track recording technology.

    in reply to: Harp for Music Thanatology #75649
    David Ice
    Member

    I have to agree to a large degree with Tony’s post

    in reply to: What to charge #151746
    David Ice
    Member

    Wow!

    in reply to: Divas #109279
    David Ice
    Member

    Hi Carl,

    Well, our poor conductor literally looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

    in reply to: Harp-friendly neightbours, NOT! #109251
    David Ice
    Member

    My friend Adrienne Bridgewater once told me (and I have to agree with her):

    “Sometimes God puts people in our lives to remind us how good we really are.”

    Dave Ice

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 520 total)