harpcolumn

Harpists in Walt Dysney’s Fantasia

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Harpists in Walt Dysney’s Fantasia

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Elisa Netzer
    Participant

Hallo, does anybody knows who were the harpist that played in walt dysney’s Fantasia? I’m relly courious because when I was 5 I decided that I wanted to play the harp because of this film, so please if someone knows that..

Thank you very very much

Elisa

carl-swanson
    Participant

I think this question was asked a while back here and if I remember correctly nobody knew who it was. Were there 2 harps in Fantasia? Or only one?

My teacher, Marjorie Tyre, said that Edna Phillips and she played the harp under Stokowski at that time and played the music. It was not their silhouettes in the film,she said, but rather studio harpists who were colleagues.

Elisa Netzer
    Participant

Thank you very much!

🙂

David Ice
    Participant

Well, I’m very happy to announce that, FINALLY, the mystery has been solved as to who the on-camera harpists were for Fantasia.

Thanks to Alex Rannie for going through the Disney vaults and finding the call sheets for the live action filming!

According to the studio call sheets, the on-camera harpists used for the live action filming were Elizabeth Ershoff and Helen Bliss.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Thanks so much for this, David, to both you and Alex Rannie!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies