Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Christian Frederick
Participant…. yes, music and math is an interesting connection. If you told me your name, I would forget it immediately, but, if you told me your birth date in numbers, I would remember it every time I saw you. I scored sooooooo high on math that my college waived all math requirements. That was a stupid, stupid, stupid decision. They should have encouraged me to excel even farther in math. So, I ended up getting a teaching degree, a stupid, stupid decision on my part, something I would not even consider doing.
So there definitely is a math-music connection. It would be an interesting study.
Christian Frederick
ParticipantMisty, this could be an entire conversation. Like everything in life, there are negative side effects to an electric harp that is also acoustic. I love mine, and the great positive is I take my acoustic-electric harp to most of my gigs, which are acoustic. But, when I want to hear what is REALLY coming out of the speakers electrically, I have to either use headphones or place a speaker directly behind my head. An advantage to an electric harp without a soundboard is that is that you can really play electronically without being distracted from the acoustic qualities.
For a rock band,
Christian Frederick
ParticipantJust listened to it on YouTube. It sounds like 80s New Age piano music. Very, very nice. By the time I started creating music like that, it was out of favor. Hopefully we’ll see some acoustic styles like this make a come-back. I’m sooooooooooooooo over Hip-Hop, etc……
Christian Frederick
ParticipantRachel,
Your the third person to mention this tune, so I’m certainly going to look into it.
I’ve discovered that YouTube is a great resource to preview tunes……
I played Bella’s Lullaby reading sheet music last night at work on the harp. I can say it flows a lot better on piano. For me, tunes with a driving rhythm work better on the harp, but I’ll keep working on Bella’s Lullaby on the harp until it flows….
Christian Frederick
ParticipantAnother CD is in my long term plans….
but for short term plans, I am in the beginning stages of designing my website and having daily control over it, connecting it to Facebook, etc. I will definitely have video on the website. So….. it took me almost a half century to gain enough confidence to even be able to imagine having video of me on available. Oh, I love growing older!
By the way, has anyone here had experience with iWeb 08 and iWeb 09 ? …. or should I start another thread about this….
Christian Frederick
ParticipantI don’t “wing it”. So if I don’t know it, I often offer something else in the genre. I don’t know any Fleetwood Mac…. yet. I know a few Beetles tunes and am in the process of memorizing more. I’m working on Let It Be, and George Harrison’s My Guitar Gently Weeps is VERY cool on the harp. Hopefully tonight I’ll be able to play Light My Fire by The Doors without music, but I’ll put the music on the music stand just in case I go blank.
Christian Frederick
ParticipantThis subject keeps popping up, and rightfully so! I’ve noticed a HUGE shift in the requests for music on the harp…. HUGE. Seldom do I get a request for those so-called “standards”. Just last night I got requests for Fleetwood Mac and The Beetles. There seems to be a huge generational shift going on right now.
Christian Frederick
ParticipantCongratulations!
Christian Frederick
ParticipantThanks for the Youtube link. Now I’m hooked on Youtube. I never knew this song existed. The weird thing about MJ music, and most music from the past decade, is it needs multiple elements of visual, dance, rhythm, voice, and melody (if there actually is a melody). A lot of music of this genre does not stand alone as an instumental solo.
I think Youtube is a good place to go searching……
Christian Frederick
ParticipantJerusha, that’s OK. It’s just the nature of the internet. Everything, and I mean everything is out there. I thought it was actually funny. Because of the unabridged nature of the internet, we’re seeing things and communicating faster than ever imagined. Even the uprising in Iran had a lot to do with communication on the internet. I’ve got facebook friends from all over the world, and I read the newspaper from my hometown even though I’m 3,000 miles away, and I get my news from sources all over the world.
Have a great evening wherever you are!
Christian Frederick
Participant….haha… the first thing that opened on this link was a Trojan Condom ad.
got to run…… will check back later..
Christian Frederick
ParticipantAs a follow-up to posting #8, here’s an article in our local newspaper about Michael’s second home. Our paths used to cross in the tunnels under The Magic Kingdom and Pioneer Hall.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-michael-jackson-disney-world-062509,0,4909621.story
Christian Frederick
ParticipantI’m directing #13 to David Ice. I’m sure David could write some stunning arrangements. He really has the gift….
Christian Frederick
ParticipantMy stomach is groaning! Yikes!
Christian Frederick
ParticipantI’ll download You Are Not Alone on iTunes. I’m somewhat familiar with that tune and it is very beautiful. Thank you.
Back in the early 80s, Michael Jackson used to hang out at Walt Disney World. He would love to go backstage. I remember seeing him in the tunnel under The Magic Kingdom with just a couple of company hosts. He had beautiful dark brown skin back then and was so normal looking. He used to come to the show I was playing (Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue) in Fort Wilderness. He would come in disguise most of the time and the show went on as normal… but…. one evening he came to the show in his red coat and white glove. That was the strangest show, as it seemed we were performing to an empty audience as everyone was focused on the King of Pop.
So sad…. the plastic surgery, the anorexic appearance, the bizarre life. Such a talent, such a sweet human being, and such a loss.
-
AuthorPosts