harpcolumn

have you noticed, so many harpists are nurses?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists have you noticed, so many harpists are nurses?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    gorman-jones
    Participant

I know lots of medical people who are musical. I am a physician who has been an organist since high school. I started lessons on the pedal harp about 18 months ago and absolutely love it. I’d be fascinated to know of other physicians who play the pedal harp.
    Medical care can help cure the body, but music soothes the soul.

Sylvia Clark

I just got around to reading this.

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

That link of music with science and maths is very interesting.

Christian Frederick
    Participant

…. yes, music and math is an interesting connection. If you told me your name, I would forget it immediately, but, if you told me your birth date in numbers, I would remember it every time I saw you. I scored sooooooo high on math that my college waived all math requirements. That was a stupid, stupid, stupid decision. They should have encouraged me to excel even farther in math. So, I ended up getting a teaching degree, a stupid, stupid decision on my part, something I would not even consider doing.

So there definitely is a math-music connection. It would be an interesting study.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies