Briggsie B. Peawiggle

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 717 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Harper or Harpist? #163711

    Hi Meghan,

    Okay, I’ll don the asbestos suit and tell you what I think the difference is….

    Before I begin, I would like to say that these are GENERALIZATIONS ONLY….and none of this applies to everyone.

    A harper seems to me to be someone

    in reply to: Christmas harps #111754

    I KNEW it!! I remembered the scene well. So you are going to pedal harp from lever harp? Awesome!! Yes, I am having a Merry Christmas season so far…..spent the day baking and nursing my doggie who had surgery on Friday. Hubby is playing keyboard (mostly church) gigs all over creation this weekend and until Christmas. I did my first Christmas gig this year with my Athena

    in reply to: Christmas harps #111752

    Congratulations, Andy. I hope you like it. Didn’t you post a picture of a different harp in this exact spot in the past? It looks very familiar?

    Briggs

    in reply to: Music Education Association — #86958

    If it is a typical solo & ensemble festival, there is no competition other than with yourself. You are performing for a rating individually in a closed room with an adjudicator.

    in reply to: Music Education Association — #86955

    If you are talking about the solo & ensemble festival, you should call the local chapter’s chairman and ask what would be allowed. They will often substitute other pieces in place of what is on the approved list of selections……but……it might be that only pedal harpists are expected to participate so I would definitely call and find out. If she is doing this through her school’s membership in the organization then she should ask the orchestra teacher who to contact.

    in reply to: Dry, splitting, cracking, bleeding finger tips #157874

    L’Occitane shea butter in a can every night at bedtime

    in reply to: Harp in the Public School Curriculum #86993

    Yup….and happening everywhere. They cut our music program to the bare bones here last spring. After 18 years in the district I am now going from full-time in a middle school (which I took when offered as opposed to switching between high school and middle school 7 years ago so I could be in one building) to going to 4 schools/week. I see elementary students 50 minutes each week….about 350/week. Try to do a real high quality education with that schedule.

    in reply to: Droopy wings #111893

    I can think of a lot worse….like a flute doesn’t hurt as badly as a harp

    in reply to: Droopy wings #111891

    I wish someone would ask me if I wished I played the flute. I DO play the flute. What kind of weird answer could I give them? Hmmmmmmmm………

    in reply to: Camac harp trolley #68548

    I just use one of those standard wooden trolleys. I got it when I bought my

    in reply to: I would like to get my wife to begin Harp….. #163753

    Do you really feel as if you have been slammed? Read what you wrote, and read the responses. I don’t feel there were any attacks at all….only honest interpretations of what you wrote.

    However, I’m sorry you have that congestion. I just got over it — and it took 4 full weeks and 3 rounds of antibiotics.

    in reply to: I would like to get my wife to begin Harp….. #163746

    I think you should let your wife decide. She is an adult and knows what she can and can’t do. It sounds to me like you are trying to force her to learn it because you want it for yourself. Not good.

    in reply to: Harp in the Public School Curriculum #86978

    Thanks, Sixie. Mostly I just can’t stand to be sans harp all day….so there is a method to my madness…..but the kids will get to learn about the harp a little, and who knows….maybe I’ll pick up a few students here and there. It could happen. I don’t particularly want a slew of private harp

    in reply to: Nifty gig gadgets… #111934

    HAHAHA…..forgot about Frilly saying that. Where has she been anyway?

    BTW, tonight as I was finishing my practice (I had to wrap it up as my pup was sittng there, looking through my harp strings with his eyes all big and pleading….”PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE give me my dinner,”) pup got excited as I started to get up and started dancing on his hindies, and came down — gently but down nonetheless on the base of my harp. I FREAKED OUT……and he was mortified. He knows “harp is off territory” and it was really an accident that he actually touched the harp

    in reply to: Harp in the Public School Curriculum #86976

    Good luck Vince. I’m still working on getting elementary series books (we have the teacher’s kits — but no books for the kids), some Orff instruments at one of the schools and some other basic equipment I need. The thought of getting harps is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there somewhere.

    I am going to get a lightweight, easy to carry harp to take around with me though.

    Briggsie (Woof)

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 717 total)