Briggsie B. Peawiggle

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 717 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Nifty gig gadgets… #111930

    Hey Curls….glad they fit. Yes I remember you’re a chihuahua. I on the other hand am a retriever (mix) and ordered the large and they are too big as I mentioned. I just gave in and ordered 2 pairs of small. One pair was marked way down because it was this kind of apple green (weird) but being a weird dog, I just got a very pretty gig outfit in that precise color for spring/summer…..a long sleeved fitted jacket over a mid-calf trumpet skirt with insets of filmy stuff. It’s quite pretty….and get this. It was $19.99. Okay, no one wears a tall in apple green in December here……but I am looking toward the future. It had been $59.99, marked down to $29.99 and I got it for half off with a coupon. 🙂

    So when (yes I said WHEN) you come to the AHS Conference in June, look for the really tall woman in apple green wandering around and helping with the workshops.

    in reply to: Left hand/right hand limitations #86930

    I remember my harp teacher making lots of corrections in my positions on the left hand at first, and then I caught on pretty well (it’s my right hand which tried to turn out a lot for a long time — still a little sometimes). Once I got the position my left hand was really strong. Sometimes I have to consciously back off with my left hand

    in reply to: Left hand/right hand limitations #86923

    I guess possibly being a keyboard player has a huge advantage here. I have a bachelor of music on organ and have played piano since I was 6 years of age. I never noticed my left hand feeling less dextrous than my right in my harp studies. In fact, if anything, it is stronger. I am right-handed.

    Briggs

    in reply to: Jingle Bells #163764

    Hi Hannah,

    My middle school choir has sung at the Port Huron venue. 🙂

    June

    in reply to: Nifty gig gadgets… #111927

    I bought a pair of large wristies, and they are too big. I’m just going to run them in on the pinkie side and make them smaller. They slip too much while I’m playing.

    Oh yes I LOVE those stands. The one shown with the ebony harp is just so lovely looking. The problem I notice with so many wooden stands is that they don’t go low enough for me. I like my Manhasset stand all the way down.

    in reply to: Nifty gig gadgets… #111925

    I ordered them on Friday morning, and I already got them in the mail today. They are VERY VERY nice. I am really going to use these. My hands get cold when I get a little

    in reply to: help with venus website #163799

    YES on the Harpcolumn problems…..seems to be mostly on the weekends, and for awhile was for a couple of weekends in a row.

    in reply to: help with venus website #163797

    Michelle, I just tried it, and I had no problems there at all.

    in reply to: Salvi Daphne 40 #68897

    Not really as ridiculous as you may think. I don’t believe they used to be made in the same factory. I believe they used to be completely separate concerns….L&H and Salvi. So perhaps the older ones really do sound quite different. However, that being said, EVERY harp sounds distinctly different than every other harp.

    Briggs

    in reply to: Fashion Sense #86636

    Or we could pray for a breeze!

    in reply to: Nifty gig gadgets… #111923

    Hey Ro!

    Check this out:

    in reply to: Nifty gig gadgets… #111908

    Well, I just got a nice little clip on, battery light with an electrical attachment to save the batteries. I like it.

    in reply to: Decorating harps #111938

    I just think that is tacky. The harp is a hand-made, beautiful instrument. It stands on it’s own as a piece of beauty. It reminds me of high school kids putting bows on their trumpets. Ick.

    in reply to: Thanksgiving “Performance” #163862

    I do not find analyzing the chord structure boring..I just find it difficult to remember for the most part. I find myself memorizing chords where I consistently make a mistake. However, those are the places where I will play absolutely flawlessly in public, but then I will forget like on

    in reply to: Thanksgiving “Performance” #163860

    Well I learned moveable Do from a Hungarian musician in college. That is so much more difficult than singing fixed Do, and when my teacher told me to use fixed Do, there’s like — nothing to it!!

    Briggs

    8 dog woman

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 717 total)