harpcolumn

Christmas harps

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Christmas harps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    andy-b
    Participant

How about a new thread about harps we got for Christmas?

Congratulations, Andy. I hope you like it. Didn’t you post a picture of a different harp in this exact spot in the past? It looks very familiar?

Briggs

andy-b
    Participant

Hi, Briggs: Yes, same spot, but the earlier picture was a natural Prelude that I traded towards this 85P. Hope you’re having a Merry Christmas!

Andy

I KNEW it!! I remembered the scene well. So you are going to pedal harp from lever harp? Awesome!! Yes, I am having a Merry Christmas season so far…..spent the day baking and nursing my doggie who had surgery on Friday. Hubby is playing keyboard (mostly church) gigs all over creation this weekend and until Christmas. I did my first Christmas gig this year with my Athena

brook-boddie
    Participant

Andy,

Wow–congratulations!!!!

David Ice
    Participant

Congratulations, Andy!

Charles
    Participant

Andy,

You must have been very good just like Dave was.

I on the other hand must have been very very bad.

Just KIDDING my time will come and Santa or the Easter Bunny will bring to me the pedal harp of my dreams.

I’m so glad Little Ol Atlanta has a harp center of it’s

andy-b
    Participant

Hi, Charles…yes, it’s a good thing they’re not closer to me or they’d never get me out of the store!

Kelly R
    Participant

Andy,

Nice harp! =)

Here’s a picture of the harp I just purchased: (The picture is from the website since I don’t have it yet)

Blevins Amadeus

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Kelly, I’ve been ogling the Blevins Amadeus for some time. It’s beautiful, and if the sound clip is any indication, sounds as pretty as it looks. May it bring you many happy times!

Sherry L.

That is a lovely harp, Kelly. I hope you get it soon. How long will it take? Is it fully levered?

Kelly R
    Participant

Thanks Sherry and Briggsie.

Briggsie~

Charles
    Participant

Andy,

When I have the time and energy after work i go up and talk shop with Rhett,

Becky is always going home by the time I get there but she lives fairly close to me.

And I play as many harps as I can paying attention to what’s the same and what’s diffrent.

It’s fun and I’m glad they are open till 8 on thursdays.

Kelly, you are going to LOVE the Camac levers. I had Camacs put on my lever harp, and I love them. I’m sure they won’t sell you a lemon. I think they are very forthright. I’m happy for you! Let us know when you get it and what you think.

What type of harp are you playing now? Oh and btw, I bought my Camac Athena sight unseen and played on the phone as well. There is only one harp I have ever liked better — and that’s my teacher’s Atlantide Prestige. I have played a lot of harps and am always happy to come back to Big Daddy. You will be happy with your new baby.

Kelly R
    Participant

I have a Prelude as well (which I’d LIKE to hopefully trade in for a pedal harp sometime) and a Salvi Eire harp which I’m probably going to sell since I haven’t played it like I used to since I got my Prelude.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.