unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,396 through 1,410 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Rodrigo’s Concierto de Aranjuez For Lever Harp #162645
    unknown-user
    Participant

    You might try querying two French distributors.

    in reply to: american harp works #162656
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi, I was recently searching on information about American Harp Works and came across your posting, do you still have a 47 string to sell, I am an interested buyer.

    in reply to: Cause of big black spots under pedal harp #162639
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks everyone for your help. I have looked underneath it and it is clean. It must be

    in reply to: american harp works #162655
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi, I was recently searching on information about American Harp Works and came across your posting, do you still have a 47 string to sell, I am an interested buyer.

    in reply to: How did you afford your first harp?? #110632
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I hope the so called music teachers who labeled children with the term “tone deaf” during the last 50 or 60 years are somewhere getting their just musical desserts.

    In the course of 40 years in both music education and speech therapy, I have found fewer than 5 kids who couldn’t learn to carry a tune. With patience and kindness, it is much more accurate to say that ALL kids can carry a tune than to say that ANY kids are “tone deaf”.

    You have brought many joys here, Liam, with your sense of humor and nifty conversation, and I bet you do the same with your music. More power to you!

    in reply to: Harp and Guitar #162676
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi,

    Does the wire harp have to be played with the fingernail?

    in reply to: Erard Harp with Original Wooden Shipping Case #71411
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Dear Nina

    Yes, just hold it and lay it down so that the base it normaly stands on
    is in a right angle to the floor. To see the date you don’t need to
    take the bottom of the base off (the part the harp stands on). A few
    inches inside it is the inner base (where the pedals are fixed) and on
    this you should see the date. Sometimes it is the year only, sometimes
    month and year and with my Erard it is the full date: 16.4.1923.

    Denise

    in reply to: Harp and Guitar #162672
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks, Liam!

    I’ll see if that works with the shaping and length of the nail.

    I have heard some wire strung harps and I fell in love with the sound.

    in reply to: Harp and Guitar #162671
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Audrey,

    My teacher plays a pedal harp and I think her style is very traditional, I’m learning gestures and technique for the most part and am almost done with Suzuki book 1.

    I haven’t even played my guitar since I started harp lessons, which was good because I had some guitar picking habits that had to be unlearned and it wasn’t easy, lol.

    But I want to start playing guitar again. I miss it!

    in reply to: Harp and Guitar #162670
    unknown-user
    Participant

    saul, you are jumping to conclusions here.

    in reply to: Harp and Guitar #162667
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Um, are you paying for the teacher’s strings? I think you’re being very unfair to the teacher.

    in reply to: Dust Cover for Ogden #162690
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I made a dust cover a year ago with elaborate blue curtain material (bought it cheap as it was the end of a bolt) with silly fringe on the bottom.

    in reply to: Harp and Guitar #162665
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you all for your feedback on this!

    in reply to: THE BEST OVER ALL HARP #166754
    unknown-user
    Participant

    How are Venus harps easier to transport? Are they on wheels and motorized?

    in reply to: Finally ready to buy a harp! But… #166763
    unknown-user
    Participant

    There are many unnecessary accessories out there. You need a tuning key, a tuning fork or device, a metronome, a bench, and a humidifier if your house is very dry in the winter. And music and a stand. That’s about it. And a teacher. I know a good one in Toronto. I have actually been in Sudbury.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,396 through 1,410 (of 5,570 total)